Question about EZ entry cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KathyB

Reaction score
I purchased a used EZ entry cart. I think I am missing the pieces/ties that keeps the traces attached to the singletree. Can someone explain how the traces stay attached to the cart and what it should look like.

Thanks

Is it a wood or metal single tree? If it is a wood one and you have the 2 little holes at the ends of it. Get a leather shoe string and put a knot in the end and feed it through the hole closest to the middle. Put your trace over the end of the single tree and push the free end of the shoe string through the most outside hole. If you have an icky metal single tree with the Great Big pain in the behind screw eyes, I went to the local tack store and bought straps for holding a cow bell and fastened them to the screw eyes so I didn't have to alter my harness. I just buckle the traces on to the single tree with them.

Thanks for the quick reply.

<<Put your trace over the end of the single tree and push the free end of the shoe string through the most outside hole. >>

I will look at it when I get home, maybe that will help, but I not getting it. Do you tie the shoe string?

Ok, here's my attempt to explain it:

howtotiecopy.jpg

All you need is a shoelace, about the length of 2 thumbs. Tie a knot at the end that doesn't have the plastic piece. Thread it from the bottom up into the hole that is closest to the center of the singletree. Slide the trace onto the singletree. Then, follow the above diagram. On the bottom is just the basic setup, and the top has a step by step on how to do the knot.

Opps- in step 5, Madein is supposed to be Made in!

Hope that helps
default_smile.png

If you have an icky metal single tree with the Great Big pain in the behind screw eyes, I went to the local tack store and bought straps for holding a cow bell and fastened them to the screw eyes so I didn't have to alter my harness. I just buckle the traces on to the single tree with them.
Wow, the only metal single trees I know of with anything like screw eyes on them are on marathon carriages and are meant to be used with marine-grade quick-release snap shackles. There are ways to retrofit your harness to be used safely with those but I'm not sure about tying the traces to the singletree. It might be hard to release the horse in an emergency....
default_unsure.png

Katiean's description of what to do with a wooden singletree is exactly right. Push the knotted rawhide thong up through the hole closest to the middle of the singletree, slide the trace over the end of the singletree, then push the rawhide thong down through the other hole and pull it tight. It should keep the trace from sliding off the end but be easy to pull loose in a hurry.

Good luck and enjoy your driving!

Leia

default_biggrin.png
Thank you!

Ok, here's my attempt to explain it:

howtotiecopy.jpg

All you need is a shoelace, about the length of 2 thumbs. Tie a knot at the end that doesn't have the plastic piece. Thread it from the bottom up into the hole that is closest to the center of the singletree. Slide the trace onto the singletree. Then, follow the above diagram. On the bottom is just the basic setup, and the top has a step by step on how to do the knot.

Opps- in step 5, Madein is supposed to be Made in!

Hope that helps
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back