Queen Elizabeth's Horse Jubilee

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it. Must admit I always get a bit mist-eyed when I watch the musical ride from the Mounties. Makes me proud that Canada is part of the commonwealth.

Thank you for posting! Can't wait to sit and watch this tonight!

Wow that was so cool ! Thanks for sharing that. The Queen looked so cute the way she was smiling. You could tell that she was really enjoying herself.

The Royal Mews are actually open to the public - when I visited London a few years back, we toured them - didn't get to go through the castle, but didn't care. The stable tour was incredible.

I have a feeling, that with all of the wonderful Jubilee happenings this last week, this was the one the Queen liked best. It was certainly my favourite. Made me terribly homesick of course and not without tears. I know I shall watch it many times in the future. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lizzie

That is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Liz N.

I loved the shot of her toward the beginning (09:01)when she was watching the Mounties, leaning forward on the rail and grinning ear-to-ear. I think protocol and queenly posture went out the window...she was loving it.

I also enjoyed the regalia on the River Thames, but it looked like she had to talk with the ugly duchess (Camilla) the whole time, which she probably hated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the shot of her toward the beginning (09:01)when she was watching the Mounties, leaning forward on the rail and grinning ear-to-ear. I think protocol and queenly posture went out the window...she was loving it.

I also enjoyed the regalia on the River Thames, but it looked like she had to talk with the ugly duchess (Camilla) the whole time, which she probably hated.
I think she did enjoy seeing the Mounties. I was at a very grand birthday party years ago, for a wealthy individual and the Mounties were invited. It was very scary to see them all riding towards us, at a full gallop, during the celebration. They are truly amazing.

Now, about Camilla. Explain 'ugly' to me. Nothing wrong with her looks, as far as I am concerned. Prince Charles obviously has never thought so. The Queen has long come to terms, with the fact she was her son's real chosen partner, long before Diana came on the scene. In fact, Camilla has been accompanying the Queen, on many of her social engagements, in the last several years or so. Believe me, if the Queen didn't want her around, (and was not grooming her to one day be Queen Consort) she wouldn't be doing so. She also wouldn't be attending holidays etc. at Sandringham and Balmoral.

Unless Prince Charles dies before the Queen, Camilla will one day be his wife as King. It is very publically known, (and the Queen has made it fairly clear) that she will reign until her death (or inability to do so) and that Prince Charles will then be King. There will be no missing a generation. It is not how it's done and never will be. If Charles becomes King, Camilla will become Queen Consort.

It would have been the same for Diana. Although she was popularly known as Princess Diana, it was not her title. Her title was actually, Princess Charles Philip Arthur George, Princess of Wales, or more simply Diana, Princess of Wales.

Lizzie

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh...

I guess we really must walk on eggshells these days...

I made that comment in jest. Trust me, Camilla is MUCH better looking than I am -- for me, the term butt-ugly would probably be a compliment, so you can consider "ugly duchess" to be a term of endearment...we're comrades in homeliness, as it were.

I loved when the "French Horse Whisperer" asked his horses to ly down and they rolled....I guess the devil made them do it.

It was great to see the Queen so obviously enjoying herself. She must have to sit through an awful lot of boring stuff at times.

I agree, Helicopter. I also loved how the French Horse Whisper had horses in stair-step sizes, including the mini (or Shetland) who seemed to do what was whispered when he felt like it. And the foals!

I also loved the black Shetlands in the Scottish cavalry being led by big strapping soldiers.

That was very entertaining. Those smiles from the Queen sure made her more human, who could help but smile at all that. Loved it, thanks for sharing it susanne.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back