Purina Miniature Horse & Pony Feed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsminis

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't sound to dumb, but when weighing this feed does .9 of a pound of feed equal 14.4 ounces, .8 equals 12.8 ounces, etc.? I found this conversion on TrueKnowledge.com. OR, are these ounces i.e. .9 equals 9 ounces? I have been messing with this until I am so confused! I've always been lucky enough that my feed said 1 1/2 lbs., 2 lbs or 3 lbs.........now that was easy! I feel like I'm back in school facing the teacher with sweaty hands trying to answer the toughest question of my life (LOL). Just starting this feed, does anyone else have any input on it?

Yes, those first couple numbers you listed are right. There are 16 ounces in one pound. Here are a couple easy to do in your head math: 1/4 (.25) pound = 4 ounces, 1/2 (.5) pound = 8 ounces, 3/4 (.75) pound = 12 ounces.

To get the numbers the on-line calculator got: .9 * 16 = 14.4 ounces

.8 * 16 = 12.8 ounces

HOpe this helps.

Yes, those first couple numbers you listed are right. There are 16 ounces in one pound. Here are a couple easy to do in your head math: 1/4 (.25) pound = 4 ounces, 1/2 (.5) pound = 8 ounces, 3/4 (.75) pound = 12 ounces.

To get the numbers the on-line calculator got: .9 * 16 = 14.4 ounces

.8 * 16 = 12.8 ounces

HOpe this helps.

Thanks, that is a big help to me. I thought that was the right way, I just got myself so confused, then I couldn't think. I am so...... NOT going to tell my grandkids about this one. Again, thanks, you just saved my sanity. Have a great weekend.

Latest posts

Back