PtHA new registrations

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilnickers

Reaction score
My stallion is AMHA/AMHR registered. I have several mares who are AMHA, AMHR or both. I also have a few mares that are only WCMHR. The WCMHR mares foal beautiful babies that I often show in local open shows. There are no WCMHR shows in my area, so I am seriously considering registering these horses with PtHA. Then the foals could be shown in PtHA, whether I keep them or sell them.

I went to the PtHA website, but I am a little confused about who to register and how to go about it.They DO now accept WCMHR as outcross papers. Do I register my stallion and qualifying mares, then register thier foals each Spring? Or do I just register the foals individually each year?

Has anyone here registered with PtHA using outcross papers? Can anyone simplify this for me?

I don't believe the WCMHR is a recognized out cross registry with Pinto. I'm not 100% sure, but I would try sending in copies of the papers and pictures. The worst that could happen is they deny it.

I generally just register my foals PtHA using outcross papers if I choose. It's easier for me to do that way than having all horses PtHA registered and having to file stallion reports, etc.

There are clearly lots of ways to do this! All our minis are registered with PtHA using their outcross papers (AMHA usually) so I do file stallion reports, etc. I thought only AMHA & AMHR were recognized as outcross registries for minis but I could be wrong.

I got this out of the 2010 PtHA Rulebook:

C27. Miniature Registration Outcross Breeds

The following breeds are recognized by PtHA as

outcrosses:

A. American Miniature Horse Association, Inc. (AMHA)

B. American Miniature Horse Registry (AMHR)

C. International Miniature Horse Registry (IMHR)

D. World Class Miniature

I had hoped to hardship my mares into AMHR, as they are all over 34", but they must be registered with AMHA first to be accepted,and they are too tall for AMHA
default_no.gif

Thank you all for your answers to my questions
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back