Property update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicky Texas

Reaction score
Hi Gang

Just an update on our property and Zoning with the City.

We are still trying to sale our place and move. But fighting with the City

on Zoning.. Sure could use some prayers in the months ahead.

So everyone knows, we had a buyer who got us Zone Commercial, he

was buying us and 4 more neighbors out. He got his Zoning done, but then

lost his financing. Then after 3 more months of trying, he walk on the deal.

But in his deal, he Zoned all of us together. So instead of being one acre, the

City see all of us as 4.81 acres. So we can't sale out place by it self as 1 acre.

So we are going through the City Zoning again to separate out our acre.

We had our first meeting last Thursday night. That one was P&Z (Planning and

Zoning), and they ate us alive. 7 to 0 against us. They want us to stay together.

We have not been able in 5 years to find a buyer to buy all of us. And one of the

owners does not want to sale right now. But they would not listen to us. The tracts of

homes around us, we met with them prior to this, and only 2 owners sent in cards

against us. We had cards for us as well. But the P&Z Board would not listen to us.

One of the neighbors has a buyer as well, for their property. So we need the P&Z to

separate us out. So they can sale as well. They will be going through this P&Z meeting

for theirs on Jan. 3. So we are praying they can get the board to listen to them, and

let us all separate out. We plan to be there that night to show our support for them.

We were to go to the City Council on Dec. 18, but we are going to ask to be table at

this time, and go with neighbors in Jan. So maybe the City Council can see the whole

picture and open their hearts and minds and let us separate out. So we can all sale

and move.

Otherwise our neighbor will lose their buyer, and its big money. And we are all stuck

here till we can find one buyer to buy all 5 properties together. And build this Peytonville

Park. But the next problem is one of the owners. If they still decide they don't want to

sale right now. We are stuck here. We so just want to move. We need more land for

our horses, we want to live back in the country.

Southlake has so out grown us, this is like living in Beverly Hills, and we don't fit in.

So if you could help us pray it would be so appreciated.

Thanks so much

Vicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Vicky I am so sorry you are having problems. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way hoping that the zoning people will listen to you and change their minds.

Yvonne

Oh boy, it sounds like a real nightmare!! :DOH! I hope you will be able to get this all straightened out, and have the chance to move out of there, and onto your dream property somewhere else! GOOD LUCK!

I was on the city council in my community for eight years. It was not uncommon for us to have a ruling different than the planning commission.

Planning commissions often are told to go by the book, or, in this case, the city code.

You need to contact each city council member and discuss your issue. If you think you have a majority of them in your favor, keep that December date with the city council.

Good luck.

In my opinion vicky your properties should never have been rezoned until after closing

cause until then he didnt own them you still do

just something to check into

dawn

I was going to say the same thing as haler. I do think the planning commission messed up by approving rezoning before the person rezoning it was the proper owner. Normally you cannot rezone something you do not own. We went thru this with some property my family was left by my mother. The buyer wanted to zone it commercial but it was not allowed unles he purchased it first. Im so glad we got advice from a real estate lawyer as this guy ended up walking out on the deal too and we would have been stuck.

I was on the city council in my community for eight years. It was not uncommon for us to have a ruling different than the planning commission.

Planning commissions often are told to go by the book, or, in this case, the city code.

You need to contact each city council member and discuss your issue. If you think you have a majority of them in your favor, keep that December date with the city council.

Good luck.
Thank You for the advice. I will be contacting the City Council Members and hope they will

see the big picture and listen to us. We need them to Vote in our Favor. We just want to sale

and move.

On Zoning before closing. Most of the buyers here will not buy the property first then re-zone

it. They want to know they can do what they plan before buying the property. They will not

buy first, then re-zone, because of the stuff we are going through now. The not knowing if that

they can get it past and zoned, and build.

But if we know the things we know now. We would have made sure the money that was put up

on the contract would have been un-refundable. And we could have ask them to close before

final City Council approval.

But the other side to this. We are now Zoned Commercial. Which we do not want to give up.

If we were residential, we would have to go through this to get Commercial. The first buyer,

who did walk, did spend over a year in all these meetings. And he did spend over $50,000.00

to get these properties Zoned Commercial. That is why we never dreamed he would walk on us.

We were blown away when he did.

But it did leave us in a mess.. if we could find a buyer to buy all of the properties and all the

owners were to sale, we could close with no meetings. Because all the work is done, with all

the meetings. They would only need the permits.

But in 5 years we have no one even look at the properties to do this. Everyone only wants

to buy 1 to 2 acres, and build a office. So we need to break them apart.

Its just a mess.

I will try your advice on contacting the City Council Members and see what they say.

I will post tomorrow night after our neighbors have their spin meeting and let you know

how that goes. We are praying they will not have problems with the tracts of homes around

us, and that it goes in their favor.

Thanks so much for your time, your help, and most of all your prayers.

Vicky

Latest posts

Back