Progress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToMini's

Reaction score
I just got back from ground driving my mare 2 miles on the road. She did really well and we only had a few arguments (that were quickly resolved). I forgot my whip, but I walk closely enough to her that the end of the rope worked just fine the few times I would have used the whip. I had been having problems with her spinning around before, but I walked beside her today with one rope around her butt to stop her from spinning.

I also had side reins attached to stop her from getting grass during training, but I think they were too loose to do anything. And they were attached to the wrong ring, I know. They wouldn't fit on the lower ring with the lines.

Anyways, she did really well and I'm proud of her
default_smile.png

IMAG1411.jpg

IMAG1410.jpg

IMAG1409.jpg

She needs a crupper, lol. I think the surcingle is on her nonexistant withers in all of these pictures

Looks like you have a good start and she will work out beautifully for you! What a pretty girl!

Do get in the habit of carrying a whip. Slapping with the reins does not deliver a clear cue. And it also does not look very elegant.

Thank you
default_smile.png

I do usually carry a whip, (sometimes more for protection from dogs, though, when we're just going for a walk) this was the first time I forgot to bring it.

I can't carry a whip with my stallion its discovered. I used it once, and he was fine at the time...a day later i could not catch him at all! Finally i did and we had a cuddle and a bit of bonding and hes been okay since. The only reason i can think of was the whip.

Latest posts

Back