processing times on paperwork?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCC

Reaction score
I was just wondering if some of you might comment on usually how long it takes for paperwork to be processed and returned?

I sent my minis papers in to get transfered into my name last week and see the charge hasn't been taken off my CC yet.

I'm in no hurry, just excited to get them done and back
default_smile.png

how long after they receive the paperwork does it usually take?

Thanks for any comments!!

Nicole

They are usually pretty quick, BUT this time of year with all us procrastinators they get alot of paperwork all at once. So it will probably take a little longer right now.

I agree, I sent all of my stuff in (renewal membership, owner transfers, stallion reports, etc.) on 1/3/11 and got my paperwork back two days ago. Pretty fast considering EVERYONE sends in stuff in January. They didn't bill me until about a week ago. 
default_yes.gif

ohh ok thanks!!

so I guess checking my CC isn't necessarily going to tell me my paperwork is done and on it's way back??

Chances are, since you live in Canada, that if you mailed it, they may not even have it there in the office yet. It takes quite awhile for the cross border mail! Since I live right along the US/Canadian border, it was for that reason that I opened a US PO Box stateside many years ago!

haha yes I have one of those on Main Street in Houlton . I live like an hour from the boarder
default_smile.png
but I didn't bother mailing it from there.

I sent it guaranteed 3 days I think it was? so it should be there pretty soon if not now
default_smile.png

Nicole

Chances are, since you live in Canada, that if you mailed it, they may not even have it there in the office yet. It takes quite awhile for the cross border mail! Since I live right along the US/Canadian border, it was for that reason that I opened a US PO Box stateside many years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in NOva Scotia and I find it takes AMHR about 3-4 weeks, which is great! AMHA takes 2-3 months. But either way I always get my paperwork in the end. I appreciate the work done by both registries, when I need help they've always been there to answer questions and get my forms filled in correctly.

Both registries I believe try to be timely year-round. But Jan/Feb they get inundated with stallion reports and all the end of year paperwork. I don't expect a quick response.

Although AMHA did get my stallion report and processed paperwork in under 3 weeks. AMHR one phone call, mid-January, so I think they're both on top of paperwork, just busy.

I sent in both my AMHA and AMHR stallion reports on Jan 4th.. AMHR cashed my check on Jan. 21st and AMHA just cashed theirs on Jan. 27th!

I'm pretty sure like someone else already mentioned that they're probably bombarded with membership fees, stallion/breeding reports, and last minute procrastinators (like me, I still have to send in my Doc boys registration papers
default_wacko.png
)

I usually give them a month, if I don't get anything back, I call them. I also send my paperwork with delivery confirmation, I know that they have received it and how long they have had it.

Now with that said, I wanted to get my stallion reports in back in December, I didn't have my transfer from AMHA(purchased stallion in 2010, needed to be transferred into my name) he was also being updated from just being DNA'd to being PQ'd. When I called to ask about it and how to proceed with the stallion report, (sorry forget her name) I was told that she (person in charge of this updates and transfers) had been out of the office for awhile and she was diligently getting caught up. Sure enough I had my studs paperwork shortly there after, PQ'd and all.

I received all my paperwork within a month. I am still waiting on AMHA. It's been almost 2 months.

Latest posts

Back