Pregnant mare Question Help something weird

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
I have question. My mare is 324 days today. This mare has had two foals to date. Her first foal was born at 312 days. In 2010 she foaled at 309 days, I lost the filly last year. My question is she has very little udder, but very very loose in private area plus she is drop. I have foaling alarm on her. I notice tonight that when she got up after laying down she was walking backwards. I notice at 1 am she walk backward some to. She hasn't never done the walking backward that I have seen til now. I was what to know if anyone had a mare do this before they foaled.I am worried since i lost the foal last year. I have raise sell minis in the past, but this mare is special to me. I know mares can foal without a udder development as well. The walking backward was weird. she has been rubbing her but alot as well and alot of bms.If she had udder i would said she would go tonight. i am so puzzle. i have been watching her since 300 days before she has foaled eariy before. in 08 she had no udder but she was maiden mare, 10 she had hugh bag foaled earily, foal didn't make it. she only walk backwards a few seconds.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
noone has had this happen before Huh? when she got finish her seconds of backward then she went straight to eating grass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a mare do that this year. Never had it happen before. She'd come in the barn for a drink, then back all the way out to the hay bunk!
default_wacko.png
It was about a week after she started doing that, that she foaled. A healthy filly! Good luck with your girl! Oh, I also had a mare foal this week with very little udder. She also had no milk after she foaled, so be sure to check your mare when she foals!

thanks I am praying all goes well. I am so worried after losing one last year. she has foaling alarm on.

Yes, over the years, we have had mares walk backwards in our dry lots in the past - Normally they are walking backwards in seach of something to scratch their itchy shedding behinds on

Latest posts

Back