Pregnancy test

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShelleyS

Reaction score
I know there are some pregnancy tests out there for mares but I've not found any that I could purchase. Actually, the one's I found that I would need are in another country. Molly should be 150 days along.

I know there are some pregnancy tests out there for mares but I've not found any that I could purchase. Actually, the one's I found that I would need are in another country. Molly should be 150 days along.
If you are referring to FoalProof, I believe the company is overseas, but if you email them, they will refer you to an American representative.

If you are referring to FoalProof, I believe the company is overseas, but if you email them, they will refer you to an American representative.
Yes, that was who I was referring to. Thank you for the information. Any idea what the cost is?

I checked on the Foalproof website and you can now buy the tests directly from their website using Paypal. One test is $24 or you can buy 5 for $100. Now for another question: Their instructions state NOT to use whole blood. Use serum/plasma. How do you make serum or plasma from blood?

Thanks

I checked on the Foalproof website and you can now buy the tests directly from their website using Paypal. One test is $24 or you can buy 5 for $100. Now for another question: Their instructions state NOT to use whole blood. Use serum/plasma. How do you make serum or plasma from blood?

Thanks
That was my BIG question too the first time I used it. You draw a vial of blood (I had a vet do it) and simply let it set for 30 minutes to one hour to separate and the serum or plasma is the clearish liquid on the top.

Thanks

This is why I won't use this test. Not everyone is able to (or comfortable with) drawing their own blood. :no:

I use Pregnamare.....with this test you only have to "prick" the horse's skin with the little lancet supplied, to get enough blood to soak the end of a Q-tip. I have used this test for years with 100% accuracy.
default_yes.gif
:

wait a few weeks and you can feel the foal move if she is pregnant.

Latest posts

Back