Precious is foaling!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rats!
default_no.gif

default_no.gif
You always hope for the best but with breeding minis it seems sometimes you have to prepare for the worst. It is never easy but to also loose your mare just makes it double hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart is heavy and aches for your loss of both, please hold your self close and bask in the warmth of all our prayers.

I am so sorry that what can be such a joyous occasion turned out to have such a tragic ending. Foaling can be the best of times - and the worst of times.
hug2.gif

Every person thinking about breeding their mare should read this thread. Even with a lot of experience, bad things can and sometimes do happen, especially when you are dealing with a "man-made" breed like the miniature horse.
Exactly right, Amy.

OH NO Joanne, We were all right there with you watching and anxiously awaiting your new arrival. My heart is broke.

You are in my thoughts during this difficult time.

I spent so much time checking on Precious that I feel I have lost a friend.
default_no.gif

God Speed little Precious
default_bye-sad.gif

My heart is heavy. I am so sorry.

Joanne, I am so very sorry to hear this. I watched last night as Precious went into labor. I was about to phone you just as the barn light went on. From what I observed, you all did everything humanly possible. I kept praying that it would turn out well but as time passed, I grew more and more worried. I'm heartbroken to hear you lost them both. Sending prayers to you and your family in this time of sorrow; may you find comfort in your memories of sweet Precious.

Rebecca

I am so sorry and sad to hear of the outcome. I think many of us got attached to Precious with our daily checks on her. Take care and cherish the good times with her. She was special! Lavonne

I'm so very sorry, Joanne. I was watching and checking in on Precious everytime I checked on my expecting mare. I too felt like she was one of my own...waiting anxiously and hoping for the best.

My thoughts are with you.

l was so very sad to read about the loss of your mare and foal l know the pain runs deep....

My deepest condolences to you
default_sad.png
Poor , poor Precious
default_no.gif
You did everything you could for her and her baby. This was just her time to cross into greener pastures.

Oh Crap and GOD BLESS....... Joanne this is just not in the cards........ My prayers are with you........

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You, Precious and the baby are in my thoughts and prayers.

ropenride

I am so sorry to hear that you lost both.

I lost a very anticipated foal and my favorite little mare in May, in a very similar dystocia. We did everything we possibly could, as I am sure you did.

Sometimes no matter what you try...there is just no way to save them.

There was a huge empty spot in the barn, and I listened for her nickers every morning for a long time.

Time will heal your heart

I will be thinking of you as you work in the barn... especially the first weeks.

Your horses are beautiful, and it is obvious they have a wonderful loving home with you.

Like all the others I too have been checking in on your mare. A couple of days would go by and I would think of her and I would come in to check. Such a lovely mare. I am so sorry.

Sending you healing thoughts for this time of loss.

Latest posts

Back