Prayers please? ..UPDATE! Sunday p.m.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
No time to write. Must clip for Central Ch. Spring isn't respondeing to treatment. High, high feverfor over 6 days now. Vet doesn't know cause. bloodwork normal. Filly 10 days old...ok, but not as strong as should be.

We HAVE to leave for KC on Tuesday and I'm just SICK about it. Can';t stand going off and Spring not well. Please include her in proyers when you have time.

Thank you,

Charlotte

********** All I can say is YOU GUYS ARE GOOD! ********** Still no time for the full story as it's long, but I called Dr Danielson this morning when her temp was over 104 again. He decided to put her on Naxcel so I was preparing to go up to his clinic and get it when the phone rang again. Dave wanted me to go check Spring's juglar grooves. She was given Settle by IV injection the day after foaling. Dave said she jumped when stuck. Sure enough she has lumps under the skin....he thinks this is a 'vein inflamation' ?? cant rmemeber what he called it. so must have Furacin ointment plus DMSO rubbed into that area besides the Naxel.

Please keep those prayers coming as I think they are working FAST! Friend Staci is going to come do the medicating while we're gone. I'm feeling much more hopeful...still don't want to leave though
default_sad.png
Baby is doing well today...stronger

THANK YOU!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: Oh Charlotte that is not news I wanted to hear. I will praying real hard for Spring and her baby! I know you must be sick with worry. Hopefully you will get some results before tuesday. Love and Prayers, Sheila

Sending prayers.
default_pray.gif
:

Can you possibly leave them at the vets while you are away? Or hire one of their vet techs to stay at your farm? Just a couple of ideas, that may give you some peace of mind.

I'm adding my prayers for Spring and her filly.
default_pray.gif
: With the filly being only 10 days old my first thought would be an intra-uterine infection and possibly retained placenta. Good luck with her and I hope they find the cause before Tues.

Prayers coming from Virginia.

Lyn

default_pray.gif
: Prayers from Florida. Hope everything turns out okay for both of them .

Charlotte,

I'm so sorry Spring is still ill. I'm know it's frustrating and so stressful not to know what's going on. Having such an important show on top of it must be making you crazy. I'm sure you have good helpers so I know your girls will be well taken care of, but I understand you wanting to be there yourself.

We're sending prayers for Spring and her young filly.
default_pray.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Sending more prayers from Florida for Spring and her baby - sure hope she does a turnaround soon and that her baby gets stronger.[/SIZE]

Barbie

Have they checked Spring for calcium deficiency? Nearly lost a big mare once that we had just bought, and finally checked her calcium. She had foaled 9 days earlier, and was found to be very calcium deficient. May not be the same thing at all, but it couldn't hurt.

Charlotte,

I am so sorry to hear about Spring being sick. You can count on me to keep your mare in my thoughts and prayers. I know what a worry it is when they are sick, and knowing that you have one of the best vets in the area, it is a mystery as to what can be causing this illness. I am hoping that you will have the answers to what is going on and then can deal with it to help Spring.

By the way, today Jazz was once again vet checked after loosing her beautiful little filly about a month ago.

The vet said that she has no sign of issues from what she went through. I know that you and Frank also love this mare so I wanted to let you know, Jazz is back to her usual self. Thank you for your concern about our mare when she went through this. I will also hope for the recovery of your pretty mare Spring.

Janet

Oh Charlotte, I'm so sorry you guys are going through this!!! Is Spring the one that had the preemie?

We were gone all day and I just saw this. I'm so sorry Spring is sick and her filly not doing well. Add my prayers to the others that they get better quick! I know how worried you and Frank must be. Hang in there!

Latest posts

Back