Prayers needed for Lilly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lena1

Reaction score
Lilly and her mum Celena were due for worming. I went and bought Equiban paste. They have changed the syringe for easier administration and the stopper that controls the amount you use did not work
default_no.gif
Lilly (now 4 months old) ended up getting the whole lot (enough for a 600kg horse).

Our vet came straight out. He sedated her and then spent 2 hours drenching and refluxing as much out as he could. He has given her something to combat ulcers and an anti inflammatory injection for the brain (he has left 4 injections of this for me to give her as well). All this happened last night, we spent the night with her and so far she just looks tired from her ordeal with our vet. She is still nursing and had some brekky out of mums bowl.

Vet has told us it can cause neurological damage and we could lose her. I just can not believe I've done this to our precious baby.

All I can do for now is watch and pray over her.

Please pray for our girl.

Karen

Australia

Karen --

Saying prayers for Lilly and I know a lot of other people here will be doing the same!

Jill

Lots and lots of prayers for you!

Adding my heartfelt prayers that Lilly will survive this. {{{hugs}}}

Oh I am so sorry
default_no.gif
My prayers are with you and Lily. Hopefully she will pull through just fine
default_yes.gif

My Prayers are with you
default_sad.png

I have found that those stops just do not work, plus you can not be sure how much you are givng them, so I put it on my finger and stick it in the back of their mouths. There is a space on the side between their teeth. This way I make make sure they are getting the correct amount.

Hopefull your filly will be fine.

Oh Karen, what a frightening ordeal for both you and Lily.
default_sad.png

I don't trust those stupid stoppers either and always measure the dosage into a smaller syringe then give it to the horses.

Hoping Lily makes a full recovery.
default_wub.png

I am so sorry this happened....I hope she pulls through just fine.

Keep us posted when you can.

Liz M.

I am really sorry this has happened. I hope Lily is ok . Sending prayers.

Thankyou all for your kind words and prayers

This little girl has been the centre of our world for 4 months, we just CANNOT lose her.

Oh boy, I wish this was all just a bad dream.

I cant stop beating myself up. If we lose her, I will never forgive myself.

Craig and I (and Celena) are sitting just watching her. We have given her the next injection and so far the only thing thats different about her is that she is very tired. She is also drinking more than usual from mum, which I guess is a good thing will help to flush more through.

7pm tonight will be the 24 period.

First of all don't you dare blame yourself! Yes a shame it happened and believe me no one will blame you, you'll be doing enough of that yourself.

Start right here, deal with it the best way you can, Pray for her recovery , a complete one. We will be sending up a prayer for this darling and hoping that in the future you will think of it as just a bad dream and this just makes this baby all the more special.

Keep us posted.

Maxine

I sure hope Lilly will have a 100% recovery!!! Praying and thoughts are with you. Keep us posted!

I agree with Maxine. Even with the best of intentions things go wrong. I had the same thing happen but luckily it was paste and I wiped most of it out of her mouth.

Prayers and thoughts for you at this time.

I hope your filly has no side effects..I am unfamiliar what drug is in Equiban, but I also injected a whole tube of Zimectrin for a 1250 lb horse into a foal.. The Zimectrin company said to keep the foal out of direct light.. their eyes may be sensitive.?? We noticed no effects on the foal at all.. I am very sure you and I are not the first ones to accidently administer a whole tube of wormer.... I do not hear of many fatalities from over worming..I will think possitive thoughts.. that your foal will not be harmed..

Angie/buckonranch

Back