Prayer Request and information Toni Reece's Son

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligans Run

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt] I have been aware of Toni's son's illness for some time, but haven't shared the information out of respect for her privacy. Today she has asked that I spread the word, so here I am....[/SIZE]

Her son, Michael Hodgeman has been in ICU for about a month now (6/9). He was airlifted to the University of Maryland Hospital In Baltimore last week and taken to surgery to repair the rings in his neck that were damaged during a tracheotomy, he has run temps of 104 and they still are not positive what caused the severe strain of pneumonia that he has been diagonised with. Naturally, she is very worried and has been spending her time at the hospital with him.

He has lived a clean life, has 2 children and twins on the way. He lives for his family and is an exceptional father.

Please add the family to your prayers list. If you would like to donate to the Michael Hodgeman Benefit Fund you can do so by sending to:

Toni Reece

1763 Chance Rd

Clayton De 19938

or pay pal to

[email protected]

Please list that it's for Michael

[SIZE=18pt]Update 7/20 from Toni - posted with her permission[/SIZE]

What ever it was that attacked Michael's lungs is still a mystery. They have checked him for everything, He caught the pseudamonis panemonia in the hospital. (cant spell it), He has whats called ARDS thats a harding of the lungs. So he has double trouble, That pseudomonus is a very bad bug that is very hard to kill. They now have him on a ECMO machine, look it up its amazing. Takes his blood out of body takes the C02 out and helps replace it with 0X, Thats the problem they were having getting rid of the C02, he had very high levels. Now its down and they are having trouble with the 0X now. Hopefully this machine will help with that, its always another obstacle for him to over come. Hes in a drug induced state to keep him quiet, Just wanted to give you an update
Please visit their family page at www.reecefamilyminiatures.com/family.htm and sign the guestbook if you have time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry that this is happening to their family. I will send up a prayer!!!!

How awful! I am so sorry the family has to go through something like this. Prayers to Michael and his family.

Carol

I too have known about Toni's son for sometime. She has been keeping us posted on his condition, but while Toni's Blackberry was charging someone stole it. UNREAL.. I didn't say anything about what was going on either to protect her privacy. I know the Dr's at the University Hospital in Baltimore, Md are having meetings today to determine what to do next. Apparently, Michael has a rare form of phemonia, and has been on a ventilator for some time now.

I meet Michael once during a after sale party at Toni's farm in De. What an awesome young man. So helpful, and sweet. Just an all around super kid. I know Toni is proud of the man that Michael has become. Like all her children. Toni has raised some AWESOME kids. Lots and lots of twins.

I won't ever forget that party, I felt so welcomed in there large, super tight knit family. I just pray that Michael will get pass all this, he is a strong man and pray that this super family can deal with the stress, hurt and pressure they are all under right now.

I will do what I can to help the family out with, I am sure HUGE medical bills. Know we are praying for all the Family right now.

We love you all,

Lara and David Pier

I will keep them in my thoughts, prayers go out to their family.

Prayers for Michaels recovery. I will light a candle for Michael and prayers to give the Reeces faith that he will soon get better and be going home.

default_pray.gif
My prayers are there for Michael and his family. I thank God for supplying all needs and healing his body.

God bless,

Joan

My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael and his family and friends. I pray he gets better soon!

My prayers for Michael and all his family. Sure hope for some good news soon.

Barbie

Toni's site has been down for a couple days while we moved it to a new IP address. Hopefully it is back up for the majority of viewers.

A page in honor of the family has been created along with a guesbook which we invite you to sign. This book will remain available to the family so they can read and enjoy the well wishes of others.

http://www.reecefamilyminiatures.com/family.htm is the page for Michael with a link to the guesbook.

If the page is not working for you, you may visit the guest book directly at Reece Family Guestbook

Latest posts

Back