PPFS Cheaters Spring Felony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph G

Reaction score
I finally got to drive my girl Spring in a show this past weekend. We made the trip to Perry, GA for the Area III show. We got first in a class of six in Open Western CPD under. We went back for the stakes class the next day, but broke right in front of the judge. Still, I'm proud of my girl and how well she handled driving for the first time in a show. She's still very green, but went home with Ricky Wardlaw of Cygnet Farms to get finished and ready for Nationals!!!

My mom managed to get some video of both classes:

Hey Steph, you guys look terrific! And I love the way the cart looks. I think it is just fine color-wise, silver and gold! Your horse is looking fab, congratulations! What a way to start off!
default_cheers.gif

Steph, she looks great!! Very steady, not hollowed out in the neck like some of the others, and really a nice turnout. You deserved what you got. Congratulations!!

The only thing I would critique is to lower your hands just a little bit. It's important to have that equitation look and I know that, but it seemed a little artificial to me. It was sort of a saddleseat-in-western-wear thing.
default_unsure.png
Other than that though, the picture was quite impressive. Love the still photo!

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments Amy and Leia! I really enjoyed driving her. I was soooooo nervous that she would spook or panic and we would have an accident. She was a little freaked out in the stakes class because while I was warming up in the ring before our class the speakers were popping and scaring her and I guess she never got over it. I think that's why she broke into a lope. I'm just glad that's all she did.

Oh, and thanks for the critique. It's much appreciated.

Eh, those speakers will get every green horse at least once. Kody's first-show freakout was because of all the mad clucking and kissing of the other drivers. A kiss to him means canter, so he was so confused when I kept holding him back while apparently kissing at the same time!
default_wacko.png
default_laugh.png
Once they learn they won't make the same mistake again though.

Ya did good!

Leia

Latest posts

Back