Post where your at- State or Country

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brown City, Michigan. In the heart of michigans thumb. The name says it all, this whole area is open farmland for miles. We get alot of wind which is nice in the summer time, keeps away the humidity and we don't have too many mosqitoes at night I think it's because we have a constant breeze. However in the winter it is dreadful when we get snow I never know how much we got because it drifts sometimes 3 to 6 feet depending on the intensity. I would love to move to Kentucky one day I don't mind winter but I don't want it 6 months out of the year. Right now our snow is almost all melted but now they are calling for another storm we could get 5 to 9 inches tomarrow
default_new_shocked.gif
I swear if this doesn't stop I'm packing my bags!

~Jessica

I am about 12 miles SW of Iowa City. I don't live in Kalona that is just the nearest post office (10 miles away to the south
default_new_shocked.gif
).

Hubby wants to go south for the winters so I guess I'll become a snow bird.

I remember that map too, Liz R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunny Southern California!
default_aktion033.gif

Does anyone here remember a few years back one of the forum members created an interactive map, and we all added our locations by city/state with flags, along with our Farm Name? It was pretty cool!

Liz R.
Yes!!! I do remember that map
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Tucson, AZ Sunshine and lovin it! Can't handle snow, ice and cold for more than a few days....

I am in Marshall WI, just about 15 minutes east of my home town of Madison. I hate winter but love where I live.

default_saludando.gif
Ontario, Canada, a little place called Kenilworth, we are just off hwy 6, in between hwy 9 and 89 (for those of you that know Ontario) we usually have the kettle on for tea but can make coffee, drop in and have a cup
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

After living for years in a very urban neighborhood in the city (Portland, Oregon), even with horses, we shocked friends and family by heading for the hills. We now live at the edge of the outback in the hills above Scappoose, Oregon and love it.

We have the best of both worlds...we still love all of the great things about Portland, a very beautiful, arts-oriented city, with the most trees within the city limits aof any city in the country. However, we don't enjoy the traffic or all of the people. Now we have sweet silence (except the coyotes), yet we're only 20-30 minutes NW of town.

The only downside is that we cheated our old neighborhood of their beloved community horses!

Chesaning, Michigan...home of the Shiawassee River Queen (showboat)

The town is very small and old...very cool old buildings and shops though (that keep closing down and/or falling down)...absolutely nothing to offer here! They do the showboat once a year and have a few antique and craft fairs in town in the summer. Christmas is a big dieal with the town lined with candles for the candlewalk, horse drawn carraiges, etc...Surrounding it is just farm land...very flat! About 2 hrs NW of Detroit in the palm of the hand!

Not real exciting here, rural, but very little crime...if you don't count the mailbox smashers!

Corry, Pennsylvania (the heart of the lake effect snow belt-- 30 miles SE of Lake Erie)

Right now we are in the middle of a blizzard and everything is closed down!

For now.....Burbank, California (aka the town too scary for Tim Burton
default_rolleyes.gif
).

The heart of the television industry, close to Nickelodeon studios, Disney Chanel, Warner Brothers, NBC, all that good stuff.

Back