Pony Ride Insurance....suggest company, please.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KIMMIE

Reaction score
Hello,

I know a few of you out there do Pony Rides.

What is your policy amount, and company that you go through.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,..........KIM
saludando.gif

Interesting topic--as we have just been asked to buy out a farm, that does pony rides throughtout the summer at a large beach area. We said no, due to the premium cost--it was OUTRAGIOUS! So I Will be watching this post with interest. Corinne

I am being nosey, because the one of the local guys that give the pony rides around here can't pay anything outrageous- but he does give proof of coverage to the ones that hire him.

Tiffany

Tifflunn, Don't know if we are talking about the same people locally but I know they pay something like $5000 a year. I've asked them about this when I was considering doing the same. Might be different in US but still "up there"!

Let me just say that each case is different but I am an insurance agent and I have done several boading facility. The insurance for boading and liability insurance really isn't too bad, however pony rides are ridden as a supplement to the policy. I have yet to have a facility decide to do the pony rides after seeing the requirements and the cost of the insurance. Pony rides have a much greater risk of injury and the a high risk of "pain and suffering". A general quote is very difficult to say because of so many variable ie, where do the rides take place, helmets required, number of ponies, handle experiment.

There is a website insurancemarketplace.com that is supposed to list insurance companies for hard to locate types of insurance....

jennifer
saludando.gif

Yes,

The few companies that I have contacted was what Wendy4mini has said.

They (insurance company) offer a supplement to a boarding or lesson policy, but not for Pony Rides being the primary.

There has to be a company out there, and at a reasonable price too..........................KIM
smile.gif

I know someone out there can point me to something.

There is a great deal of "risk" for the insurer with "pony rides"......beyond the fall off the pony factor, you have children wanting to touch and feel -- the attractive nuisance factor -- and parents who do not know that the animal only LOOKS half asleep, can see approaches from certain angles, animal containment at the site, customer containment at the site, etc, etc, etc.

So, you might want to ask your agent if they can add an event supplement to your farm policy -- depends on the carrier -- and sure they are not looking for someone who is doing this activity as a "regular, every wknd" set-up. BUT, if you can pay they can insure
laugh.gif
It's a tough one.

try talking to the agent who covers your home and farm, you may be surprised how little it costs. I was looking at getting coverage for teaching lessons here a while back and it was not that bad... depends on a lot of things i think. A good agent will help you explore the alternatives as to what kind of coverage you might need for the kind of horsey things you might be doing, and if he can't help you, should be able to offer suggestions as to where else you could look for the right coverage! Good luck

Latest posts

Back