Ponies who have halter problems?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brs

Reaction score
Have you ever had a pony who just hated a halter?

Last edited by a moderator:
My horses actually put their noses out to be haltered. I think when you run into haltering problems is when everytime the horse see's a halter it means time to work ...work ...work ...work work to them so they do not want to give in and be haltered. I teach our horses that the halter does not always mean work, sometimes it just means we are going out for a walk or something fun.
default_smile.png

AMHR/ASPC has a video called 'getting started with small equine' that covers propperly haltering/leading ext of horses (she uses a pony for it) and that is done by abby smith and doc taylor of the taylor pony farm. I just got the video a couple days ago for fun and i would recomend it to you. It covers propperly haltering ext.

Yep, I have one now who does not want to put a halter on. She was mistreated before I got her but had come around fairly well until I started vaccinating. Now she is afraid I am going to stick a needle in her again and is almost impossible to catch. If I don't have a halter or rope, she is ok with letting me touch and groom her.

Latest posts

Back