ponies in need-can you help?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormy

Reaction score
have not verified this yet but time is short if it is true,

Hi guys: I got this message from a horsey friend today. Can you help out? If so, please email Sheri at [email protected]. She's a local eventer who posted this on the Chronicle of the Horse Forums tonight.

At the Manchester, MI hay auction where the auctioneer announced that on Sat, there will be a special auction to disperse the estate of a nationally known Welsh pony breeder whose stock was seized by the state. I don't know who it was, auctioneer stated that the woman's name was Allison and that her farm started with a "P". Also that all of these horses had recently been on her website for $1500-$10,500.

Details:

26 purebred Welsh ponies from weanlings to 5 years. No papers, owner would not give them to the guys who seized the horses. Don't know if it would be possible to get replacements. Not broke. (shockingly, all of the broke horses were gone when the state showed up).

Absolute, unadvertised sale. No minimum bids. No "no-sales". Everything sells.

Also, all of her equipment, pony wagons, harness, feeders, trailers etc. "stuff" starts at 6 pm, ponies promptly at 9pm.

There were several known kill buyers at the hay auction today and I'm sure that they will be back on Sat. The one doesn't like to pay more than $20/head.

I am hoping local eventers will help in a number of ways:

1. Attend the auction and take home a new pony - take two, they're small!

2. If you have an extra trailer slot and would be willing to trailer a pony somewhere near your home, please contact me. We have a number of people who may be willing to take ponies but either cannot get to the auction or do not have trailers.

3. We will be passing the hat at Cobblestone to help defray costs associated with buying and hauling the ponies; please consider donating.

Thanks guys! The more folks know, the better!

Ceci

From Craigs List (strangly enough only listed for south west michigan when manchester is south east or central mi)

Selling 27 head of Welsh Sport Ponies. All will sell to highest bidder. All colors, from yearling to 5yrs old. Also pony wagon, carts, pony stock, misc tack, harnesses, hayfeeders, trailers, blankets,tack trunk. Used and new tack @6pm followed by ponies @9 pm. United Producers Inc. Manchester, Michigan. Located on M-52 south of I94. 1/2 mile south of Pleasant Lk. Rd. Ponies can be previewed day of sale or prior with appt. 517-442-9500. Consignments welcome. Must have buyer number to bid. Cash or good check, no credit cards. 2 auctioneers, 2 rings.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1272580935

Latest posts

Back