pointers and tips

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minis_4ever<3

Reaction score
i know the basics of showmanship but I never seem to place!! Im not sure why!!! I smile I stand stright!!( well I can't now cuz of my scoliosis) my horse stands square most of the time !! Im just not sure Why I don't place I think Im doing somthing wrong!! I mean horses that act up do better then me!! why???

-Cara

Do you know how to do the half system or the quarter system on standing depending on where the judge is? Does your horse pivot well? Do you follow the right pattern. Also, the way you look in showmanship is very important as the class is judged mainly on you and your abilities with your horse. You should have western hat, jacket, and gloves and be VERY clean. You should move smartly like you know what you're doing and keep your eyes on the judge quite often even coming into the arena when you first come in. When the judge is looking at other horses you should still be showing and paying attention as depending on where the judge is you need to be standing on certain sides of the horse. If you don't know the quarter system for AMHA or the half system for AMHR let me know and I can try and explain. I showed showmanship with quarter horses and now do minis and always placed 1st or 2nd. Showing confidence and the belief that your horse is the best out there helps as well.

Always remember when your torting away from the judge to look back about half way. Make sure you trot past the line up come to a FULL stop look back at the judge again and then pivot and walk back into the line set your horse up. Also remember when your in the line up that the half system still applies if the judge is on the same side as you, you better get moving to the opposite side :p . I will be seeing you at the show today if your going??? so I can help you out there
default_yes.gif
:

-Vanessa

Latest posts

Back