Plucking blade...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicTheMini

Reaction score
I have the large Oster Clipmaster clipers and I recently got a new balde for them. I had my blade lady (she sharpens my blades for dog grooming) order me a new blade for my big clippers. I got a plucking blade...both she and I have NO IDEA what type of blade it is. She said the person she got is from has horses and this blade is the only blade used to clip horses and should be the only blade used on horses. I have been around horses for a while and I have never heard of this blade. Has anyone heard of this type of blade? Is it going to hurt my horse (it looks like a skip tooth. we were told it would not cut him and it doesn't look like it will)? Is it going to shave him clean? Any info would be great! Thanks L

I am a dog groomer also and so is my blade lady... neither of us have heard of it. It looks like a skip tooth. Hopefully it will give him a smooth clip. I am going to try to clip him today so we shall see. L

Ok..I tried it...I wouldn't recommend it.
default_no.gif
It is a very rough cut. I didn't take any pictures because Magic would be very unhappy to be seen like this. I was looking for a longer blade, like a #5. This give a longer cut, but it is very much like a skip tooth and very rough. It wasn't even a fast-cut blade, so I wouldn't even use it for a quick take down. I think I am going to re-clip him with the regular blade. L

I did a google search and it seems it leaves 3/8" hair where a #10 leaves 1/16"

Might be good though, for an early clip in the spring when you just want to get all the fuzzies off.

Latest posts

Back