Please send healing thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candycar

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so upset and in a frenzy. One of my "outside kitties" Brownie went missing the afternoon of Dec 23. Of course I searched the woods and told all my close neighbors she was missing and to check their sheds & garages. I didn't however tell all my neighbors as Brownie doesn't stray too far from home and loves her warm bed at night.

Well --this afternoon the neighbor WAY down the street called and said she just found a black and orange cat stuck in a fence behind her house( electric 3 strand not on thankfully), it was probably there for a good 4-6 hours. She got her unstuck and called us for help. ( I'm the "cat lady" on the street)

It was Brownie! I scooped her up, ran home and we took her to the vet right away. I"m waiting to find out how bad off she is. One of her legs was pretty stiff and she couldn't use her back end when the vet checked her. They have her on IV and supportive care now.

I hated to leave her there! She clung to me and seemed so relieved when I got her. I don't know where she was for the last 10 days or if she had eaten, she was skin and bones it's been below freezing for the last 2 days... I'm babbling...

I'm waiting to find out if she will make it....

I love all my kitties sooo much. I just can't keep them ALL in the house where it's safe! Please send good thoughts her way!

trial017.jpg

UPDATE: I just got back from visiting her at the vet. She is much perkier and was happy to see us. She will probably loose one of her back legs tho. It was twisted up in the wire too long and got "freeze dried" just below the hock. Her other back foot is injured also and she doesn't want to use it. If her "good" back foot recovers, we will have the amputation done on the bad leg.

She would have to be an inside kitty . I just hope she can get along with the other 5 inside cats, otherwise I may have to find a new home for her, or the other option.... Any one want a 3 legged cat?

We will see what the next couple of days brings and take it from there. Thank you all so much for your good thoughts and well wishes, we really appreciate it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending prayers for Candy's recovery. SO glad you found her.

I sure hope Brownie will be OK! Those cats can sure manage to find themselves in trouble at times! I guess that must be why they have "9 Lives"! Hopefully she still has all of hers left.
default_yes.gif

Oh poor Brownie! Will be saying prayers and sending healing thoughts for her.
default_yes.gif

Please let us know how she is when you ge some news - hopefully she is just stiff in her muscles from her struggles and in need of some good food, care, attention and love.
default_wub.png

Prayers comming her way for sure! I have a soft spot for those torti colored kitties! I have one in my barn that is 8 named Gracie and my Pandora passed last year after being with me 18yrs.
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
so sorry to hear about brownie our pets really no how to stress us out

sending prayers for brownies full recovery

Poor kitty
default_sad.png

I pray she makes it. Brownie is such a pretty girl.

I'm a cat lady too and they are my heart animal.

Oh I'm so sorry this happened to Brownie. I hope and pray she comes out of this unscathed. Let us know how she is doing.

Aw! Poor girl! I'm glad she's perkier. I was afraid she'd expire during the night.

I hope she does get along with your inside kitties.

She's beautiful & I love her!

Gosh if you could get her to me I'd take her in a heartbeat!
default_wub.png
Hubby would not be thrilled but we have to do what we have to do right!?!
default_wink.png
Thank God she made it! She'll be just fine and I'm sure she'll adjust well!

Any updated news? Just wondering how Brownie was doing and hoping that she was making steady progress bless her.
default_yes.gif

UPDATE: I just got back from visiting her at the vet. She is much perkier and was happy to see us. She will probably loose one of her back legs tho. It was twisted up in the wire too long and got "freeze dried" just below the hock. Her other back foot is injured also and she doesn't want to use it. If her "good" back foot recovers, we will have the amputation done on the bad leg.

She would have to be an inside kitty . I just hope she can get along with the other 5 inside cats, otherwise I may have to find a new home for her, or the other option.... Any one want a 3 legged cat?

We will see what the next couple of days brings and take it from there. Thank you all so much for your good thoughts and well wishes, we really appreciate it .
You'd be amazed at how resiliant cats are. Here's hoping her "good" back foot recovers, so she can be a happy "tripod" like my kitty, Trip (short for Tripod). I found Trip with her front paw frozen to a pipe panel in early December, two years ago. I peeled her off and brought her into the house, fully expecting her not to make it. I doctored her leg, per vet instructions for 6 weeks; she did loose her paw, but otherwise is fine. She doesn't photgraph well, as she is a black kitty, so pretty much photographs as a black blob, but here is my Trip:

First is shortly after she lost her paw, she's holding up her bum foot:

Trip - Jan 22, 2010.jpg

And, summer 2010:

trip - June 26, 2010.jpg

Thanks for asking about Brownie!
default_wub.png
She gets to come home today
default_aktion033.gif
The Vet went ahead and amputated the leg mid thigh. The other foot is doing fine. When I went to see her yesterday she was still comming out of the anesthetic and was so fiesty and mobile she had her IV all twisted.

I have her bedroom all set up and am looking forward to having her home. We have screen doors on our spare rooms to usually keep the kitties out, but have one that can be used by guests, although it usually ends up used for convalescing kitties. That should give her a safe place to interact and get to know the other kitties. Hopefully she will be able to join the general population soon.

I'm SO glad to hear that! She's lucky to have you for a mom!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back