Please say a little prayer for me & my family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janis

Reaction score
We're going to have to put down our dog this afternoon & I'm not dealing with it too well.

My dad came home yesterday to find our baby had been ran over. Someone had came down our driveway, ran over her & left her to die. They ran over her 2 front legs & her head. Dad couldn't cope with the sight of her & called me, I called my husband & he went home to take her to the vet to be put down. I got to the vet's office before the vet did. He examined her & couldn't find anything broken, didn't seem to be any internal bleeding. He said he thought she would just be blind. He would have to take one eye out completely but he'd leave the other for cosmetic reasons. I said that if she was only going to be blind, we would deal with that & take care of her. Well later yesterday we talked to the vet again & he said that he had found nerve damage in one of her front legs. Well, this morning he said there was no change, she was paralyzed in her front leg too. I think it's time to let her go. We're picking her up this afternoon & the vet is coming to the house to put her down. I couldn't let her die in the vet's office. She needs be to with her family & her baby (9 yrs old) when she passes. We've had her 11 yrs, she found us & we've been together ever since.

Please send your thought & prayers, we need them desperately,

Janis

Janis, I am so sorry for you and your family. It sounds like it is in her best interest that it be done, and she'll thank you for it. Wishing you and your family the strength you need to get through this.

Ohhh I am so very sorry...how heartbreaking. Sending a little prayer your way to make her passing quiet and calm.

<<<hugs>>> It is a hard to do. My thoughts will be with you today.

I'm sorry to hear about this. It is never easy to lose a beloved pet. I am praying for you and your family.

AWW I AM SORRY BUT THANK YOU FOR TAKING SUCH GOOD CAREOF HER AND GIVING HER THE WONDERFUL LIFE SHE HAD WITH YOU AND FOR LETTING HER CROSS OVER BEING HELD IN ARMS THAT ARE FULL OF LOVE.

SHE IS A LUCKY DOG,

HUGS

BONNIE

Janis, I am so sorry to read this and my heart goes out to you and your family. So far in my life, nothing hurts worse than loosing a dog. They are family.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts & prayers for us during this awful time. My shadow, my protector & most of all my baby is gone now. Although it was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do, I know in my heart it was the right thing. I can't tell you how many times I thought I saw her at the barn this weekend - I'd see something out of the corner of my eye & think to myself there's my Shannon, only to remember, no it's not. For 11 years she's been my constant companion. I feel so alone.

Thanks again, it was very much appreciated.

Janis

Just wishing you the strength to get through this. Its tough but when you know it was best for the dog and the family that alone does not make it easier. Thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Liz M.

Back