Please read!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not one to normally post things like this but everyone needs to watch this video and be aware of what the government is trying to do!!!!! They're trying to make it so that the ASPCA (or anyone else) will no longer be able to video or photograph animals in cruel situations...this will now become a crime! We have to stop this bill going through!

http://www.ellentv.com/2013/04/24/share-this-video-to-help-animals/?fb_action_ids=10152969211980118&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.UcT58vygD_w.send&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210152969211980118%22%3A467657086636471%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210152969211980118%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%7B%2210152969211980118%22%3A%22.UcT58vygD_w.send%22%7D

I don't agree with anything Pacelle or the HSUS espouses, they are not worried about animal welfare - they want to eliminate animal ownership and use altogether. Having said this - I see both sides of this issue. Granted there are abuses occurring on farms, but should it be legal to lie on a job application, or in any other way, to gain access to these farms and then be able to freely film anything going on? Should ANYONE be able to come onto YOUR property and film whatever they want, edit however they want, and use it against you? And comparing these activists and farms to the Boston Marathon bombing is truely assinine. The Boston Marathon is a PUBLIC event, not a private business, and as a public event has no expectation of privacy. I don't condone animal abuse, but I start to get worried when basically ANYONE has the right to enter my property or business, especially if they lie to do so, and then make pictures and videos that will be put immediately in the public sphere - without my ability to even speak to them about the videos or pictures in them. Just my two sense.

If hidden cameras can expose something like the atrocities the big lick horses endured at the hands of Jackie McConnell....then I am all for it. It would be criminal to make the photographer into the bad guy and allow the abuser to continue to abuse his horses!

Yes, I know sometimes videos have been staged...but IMO it is important to be able to get the video proof of true abuse cases...I am totally opposed to this proposed legislation!!

Latest posts

Back