Platform by Farnam, in use now for

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
I started my horses on Platform Feed about a week ago.

It is a new venture by Farnam.

Website is Platform

I have been looking for a better complete grain for sometime now. Being in a small town, it has not been easy. But I just felt what the horses were on, just wasn't good enough.

Platform web site is very informative, so if it is avaliable to you, I would read on the site and maybe give it a try.

Platform also had a promotion going here, and I have been receiving $5 off a bag. Normally it is $14 for 50 lbs.

All of the horses are doing great on it!!! With Vet approval, put Tango on it as well. He has foundered from a dangerously low T4 count. HE LOVES IT AND HAS NOT LOOKED THIS GOOD SINCE LAST APRIL,,,,,,,,NO KIDDING!

Platform is very very low in starch and sugar, so he is having no problems with it. For the first time in months, he is excited to get grain!!!!! And is for sure showing signs of feeling better and definately more active.

The only downfall, Casey. He has always had a food allergy problem. Breaks out all over and gets snotty nose like you would not believe!!! I thought with this grain being so good for them, he would have no problem. WRONG! It contains beet pulp and Casey is allergic to that, we were aware beet pulp was a problem for him. Even the small amount contained with in Platform made him break out. It took about 16 hours. So, he is getting the ole stuff again.

Overall, so far, in just one week, I can not believe the positive difference it has made in my horses. Can't wait to see long term affects.

That's interesting . Robin C Have you checked out these Farnum Feeds? Can you weigh in on this ?? Thanks.

Back