Pitt Bull Attack in Florida????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clpclop

Reaction score
I just heard on the news last night that there was a pitt bull attack on some mini's in Florida. Don't know if this is old news, but was wondering if anyone knows who the owner is

I just saw it on the noon news on channel 9. They said it was in Desoto county, I guess it must be somewhere in central fl. They showed several minis and a lady but I could not see that they were injured. I did not hear them mention names. Hopefully thats good and none were too badly injured.

I sure hope they find the owner of the dog....... What a heartbreak for all the owners.

MA

According to the news article I just read, the mini owner lost 2 prize winning miniature and then the dogs went next door and killed two more horses. The pitt Bull was shot--did not say by which owner. The owner of the miniatures was listed as a Barbara Wolcott.

No charges can be filed until the owner of the dog is located.

Hi all-

That's the attack that took place a week ago Sunday in Arcadia - I posted about it. There was a mare and stallion killed as well as two colts that had been weaned for just a short time. The people are doing some more fencing as in putting up fencing that will make it look like a prison. They are also closing in their covered areas so they have a safe secure place to put their horses at night. Hopefully there will be some legal action taken against the man that owned the dog.

Frank and Cindy, along with Kristy, are having a really hard time dealing with it.

Barbie

Edited to add that all of the horses were at the same place, just in separate paddocks. Frank and Cindy owned the 2 weanlings and Diane owned the stallion and mare.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard about this earlier this morning. My boss asked me about it, as he had heard it last night on the Channel 9 News. I told him I didn't hear anything about it, till his mentioning of it.

Gosh Barbie, I'm so sorry for all their terrible losses. Holding your friends in prayer.

Hugs,

Tanya

Thanks Tanya-

It was a horrible thing - I didn't go over there, but Kristy did. I just hope they never have problems again. They know who the dog belonged to and the man has other dogs - all in kennels I understand, but if that one could get out, what's to say another one won't.

Barbie

Latest posts

Back