Pictures of "Lacing"!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O So

Reaction score
Me being a newbie to the horse world ( kind of ). I am reading a lot about "lacing"! People have even mentioned it in my other thread about my guy being a paint! I am still not posetive on what lacing is exactly! What would help me more then words, is pictures! Do any of you have pictures of lacing on your horses??

I am kind of curious on what O So may end up looking like with this "lacing"!!

Thanks

Kim

This is my mare who I believe has lacing. She gets more every year, it started when she was about 5. She has pinto and appy breeding (of five full siblings, she is the only solid, the others are all pintos). She didn't have a speck of white on her when I got her as a 3 year old. She also now has a tiny belly spot like the picture you posted of your guy on the other thread.

3-4 years ago

P1010674-1.jpg

This year

DSCN5090.jpg

Here is a photo of the back of one of the mares I owned. Her filly has started to develope it this year at five years old. In my experience they are not born with this. IIt increasing more every year for several years and starts out broken, then the lines get clearer.

DSC_0044.jpg

Thanks for all the cool links and pics!! I now know what lacing is!! I think it is pretty cool looking!!

My guy has "Cremello" (father), Grey (mother), Chesnut Appy, Brown, Chesnut (grandparents) in him! With all that different coloring, who knows what he will look like with age! LOL I think it is pretty neat he has all that in him though!!
default_biggrin.png

I never heard of Cremello though. I will have to do a search on that!
default_yes.gif

Kim

Kim,

Cremello is a double dilute creme gene on a red based coat (sorrel/chestnut). A single creme gene on red makes Palomino.....and add the second dilute creme and it becomes Cremello. The horse's coat is almost white with matching mane and tail. The eyes are blue and the skin is pink.

Ma---

Kim,

Cremello is a double dilute creme gene on a red based coat (sorrel/chestnut). A single creme gene on red makes Palomino.....and add the second dilute creme and it becomes Cremello. The horse's coat is almost white with matching mane and tail. The eyes are blue and the skin is pink.

Ma---

Thanks! I did a search and saw a few photos of Cremellos! I guess I should have done a search on lacing too! LOL Good thing you guy's arn't like some of the other forums that get all upset about repeated posts!
default_biggrin.png
This is a great forum!!

Thanks for being so friendly!!
default_aktion033.gif

Kim

Latest posts

Back