Pictures of Brachycephalic Dwarfs?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had pictures of brachycephalic dwarfs? I am doing a report in it in my equine science class and so I thought one of Y'all would have a few pictures!

And if you have any good pictures of Achondroplasia that would be good for it post those too!

Thanks,

Gage

We have a beautiful ach. type dwarf, Jazzy
default_wub.png
I'll see what photos I have uploaded of her- but if you'd like more, and larger photos, I can provide them!!

This is her just the other day

jj.jpg

jazzy.jpg

jazzypic.jpg

jazzy1.jpg

We have a little brachycephalic dwarf.
default_wub.png
"Button" is 1 year old now...and only 21". So far, she has been relatively healthy. Her only problem is lax tendons on her rear hooves. She wears "magic" shoes to help correct that. We hope that she will soon be able to go without them completely.

She is very smart. I taught her to shake hands in 10 minutes. She's very inquisitive & "needs" something to do...so I'm going to teach her some more tricks. (only things that won't put undue stress on her legs). She's already been scheduled to visit a Bible School & nursing home this summer...they'll love the tricks!
default_yes.gif

Here is the Christmas card she sent out to her "horsey" buddies last year.
default_wink.png

ButtonChristmasCard.jpg

I think they're absolutely adorable. Was checking on an auction in Macon, Mo next month and see they have a dwarf on the list. Little 1 year old sorrel and white pinto filly. I definitely gotta stay away cause I know exactly what will happen if I don't.

Here's my precious Bayleigh, Dolly, Lilly and Little Joey. Joey is an Achondroplasia and Dolly is most likely too although she has several Brachycephalic characteristics. Bayleigh is Brachycephalic and Lilly has characteristics of both but is more like Bayleigh then she is Dolly.

Kaitlyn, Jazzy is adorable! And Dona, you KNOW I love little Button!
default_yes.gif

Bayleigh

Bayleigh-feb7-2007.jpg

Bayleigh-debi-june15-2007-look.jpg

Bayleigh-bath-debi-b.jpg

Dolly as a baby a few weeks before we adopted her and then at one year old.

OR-dolly3.jpg

Dolly-june15-afterclip-a.jpg

Lilly

Lily-spunkyweb.jpg

Lily-name-april29-2007b_edited-1.jpg

Little Joey as a baby and then at five years old.

OR-joeydwarfexamplebaby.jpg

Joey-oct29-2006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back