Picture of a reindeer and 2 elves

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHANA

Reaction score
Here is Sanka, my mini gelding, my friend Sarah(in cart) and me(holding Sanka) at the Santa Claus Parade in 2003. I will be taking Sanka again this year, different cart and no Sarah as she has to work. The parade is December 3rd. Thought you may enjoy!
SankaXmas03.jpg

Edited to say: We placed 2nd in the individual catergory. Sanka had enough money to buy himself a bag of carrots. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
it was very cold that day, had a blizzard going on, though we did have a blanket in the cart to cover Sanka if he got to cold. A nice polar fleece one. Not made for horses, actually my own blanket but thought he deserved it. I had about 5 sweaters on, and a pair of jeans, a pair of jogging pants and then my Christmas pajamas overtop. I also had a hat under my elf hat to keep my ears warm. I was nice and toasty warm.
biggrin.gif

Pretty picture, but it sure looks cold
cold.gif
. That sure is a good costume you have there, and way to get into the holiday spirit.

It is a pretty picture, but I think it is way to cold for me up there. I guess I will stay in not so cold wet winters here.

You guys look totally frozen, but you also look adorable!

Burrr. I love the outfits , human and horse - so festive - Is that a another horse/cart in the far background? Here is a wish for better weather for next weekend
biggrin.gif
and I bet you move up from 2nd to 1st
yes.gif

Thanks, yes that is another wagon behind us. Work horses. There were some in front as well. All the horses were together. The guy who came first was the grinch and had a moving car that turned and spinned, was really nice.

You all looky very Christmas like with your turnout and the snow!! I tip my hat to all of you who endure northern winters! It's 35 and rainy here this a.m. and it makes me wanna cry!!
rolleyes.gif

What do you have across the saddle/girth?? I'm asking because we're doing a parade this coming Sat and I could add more "stuff" to my cart and mini.

I love your picture!! But boy.. bbrrrr... it sure looks cold in your neck of the woods.

Wonderful picture thanks for sharing. Hope the weather is better for you this year.Happy Holidays.

Thanks, the piece accross the saddle area is a small tree skirt with a ribbon hanging from it on each side that said Noel. That is Christmas in french. My cart for this year is all decorated, just have to buy a few more decorations for Sanka.
biggrin.gif
I can't wait. It is warm today, rained a bit, supposed to be warm all week. Rain or shine I am going. LOL

Very pretty and that picture should go to Equusite too, I think.

Enjoy the upcoming parade.

Joyce

Voodoo said:
Pretty picture, but it sure looks cold
cold.gif
.  That sure is a good costume you have there, and way to get into the holiday spirit.
508089[/snapback]

Sure does look cold!!!!!
new_shocked.gif
cold.gif
. I got a parade this Saturday too! The last 5 years I've been in our local parade.. But this year I'm taking Midnight!! I can't wait!
wub.gif
yes.gif

BRRRRRR, that does look cold. Great pics though, it's all worth it for the Christmas Spirit
yes.gif
!!

saludando.gif
Nicole

Not sure which is more commendable, the wonderful outfits and rigging....or your Holiday Spirit! Thanks for sharing, absolutely adorable!

Cindy

Latest posts

Back