Pics of Forum Members on Their "Big" Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Amanda, this is a shot in the dark, but by any chance is that an Impressive bred mare about 15.3 hands ? Looks so much like a filly I rode as a 2 year old that was a terminal kook with the rearing
Marty, she was about 15.3 but I have no idea what her pedigree included as I never got her papers. This mare has been in Palm City since she was born though so maybe this mare and the one you rode are related, lol. She never got me off but she loved to be walking along no problems and in a split second we'd be facing the other direction or have totally spun around and be facing the same direction we were going in. She bucked my mom off one Christmas day. We went out to try a horse blanket on that I had got as a Christmas gift and my dad decided he wanted to ride and in the big pasture. So, he did and then I did, and then my mom did. My mom is scared to death of horses. She got on and Tootsie kind of wandered around. My dad asked where she was going and she said, "anywhere Tootsie wants me to go." Let me add that this is all on video. Well, Tootsie decides that she wants to take a right hand turn and buck all the way across the pasture, nose to the ground full out bucking. She yells for my dad like my dad can do something and he yells, "Hey Stop!" and then you hear on the video "OH No". Tootsie had stopped for a fence but my mom didn't and went up over her head and landed basically on her butt. The camera bounces around as my dad runs to her and you see Tootsie calmly grazing with her tack on and no rider then my mom sitting up off the ground. My dad tells her, "I told you not to make her go fast" and she says "I didn't." Well, she kind of did. When Tootsie first started to take off she grabbed the saddle horn giving Tootsie all the slack in the reins that she needed and squeezed tight with her legs. She must have had a death grip as she stayed on quite well until the fence came into play. She cracked her tailbone and has never ridden again. Everyone who sees the tape and knows my mom didn't get hurt says send it into Americas Funniest Home Videos as it is funny. She also almost lost a two strand pearl bracelet that she had gotten that day and wore out there. When we got home she was screaming from her whirlpool tub and we thought for sure that she was more hurt than onginally thought. Well, her bracelet was gone and she was sure that the pearls were scattered all the way across the pasture. My dad stuck the video into the VCR and he could see exactly where it came off. We ran back out to the barn and he found it! The only thing broken was the clasp. She is even afraid of my minis to this day. I rode Tootsie for quite some time after but did not enjoy her. When she was sold she was sold to people that I knew and showed with and one day at a show my thoroughbred came up lame from having partially tore a shoe off two days before. They told me to use Tootsie as she was tired and would behave. Stupidly I agreed. I rode that mare and she did nothing but canter. They asked for a walk and she cantered, trot she cantered, canter she cantered. I'd get her to break intermitently. The thing I could't believe is that I was the only one in the class and they gave me first place. I didn't accept it. I should have been DQ'd. That was the last time I rode her.

Heres me and Missy!!

it sure was colt out that day!!!

100_2282.jpg

and a video

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/ix3...missyinsnow.flv

You know what's sad? I have what is most likely one of the larger herds of big horses on here, and I only have a few scattered photos of me on them! Oh well!

Here's me and my appendix gelding Obe over a teeny fence-

p299463922.jpg

And a pic of me scrubbing the back of our resident giant, who is now for sale as the owner can't afford him- :no: He's 17.3 hands of love! Vegas-

l_00b7e1de00d8cd5f502a51b82216056b.jpg

l_144a9b565f505464fab6b0729e64363a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to my website and look in Arabian Horse section. You can see me on my homebred arabian mare, SPH Phancyphire, who is a *El Paso granddaughter. In the photos we are doing keyhole, barrel racing and english riding. She is the sweetest mare. I refused $10,000 for her. She is 9 this year and I love her. You can also see my husband Terry on SPH Sameera Sunnphire, the homebred mare I raised on a bottle. I sold her as a 2 year old and when I married my husband decided to get him his own horse. He loves Sam to pieces and spoils her quite a bit. Phancy is 15hh and Sam is 15.2hh. They have the same dam. Sam's sire is a Desperado V son. Both mares are currently leased to a local riding school for the summer.

Here is my 3 yr old Appendix gelding Buster

DSC_4186_3.jpg

My 2 yr old Arab mare Fay (YES, she's always like that! She's one of the calmest Arabs I have ever seen!)

DSC_4200.jpg

Joe, my 14 yr old quarab (this was taken almost 3 yrs ago!)

P9020030.jpg

Then there's the two I lost last year.... First is my arab mare, Tari... she was 27. She's the reason why I love my arabs!

P2240005.jpg

P7140088.jpg

Then there's Desi, my TB that I rescued... he was 17... Buster is the exact replica of Desi in personality and everything... Desi was my clown and baby who thought he was a lap dog!

P3260022.jpg

P821A010.jpg

This is the only photo I have of me and Beep on my computer. I miss him so much still.......This was taken at a "fun day" a few years back. Beep was a 16hh QH and my soulmate. We had to put him down in Feb for a broken pelvis.

beep15.jpg

I couldn't find any pics of me on big horses. But I found this one that I just had to share.

PicturesofFamily069.jpg

That's my son Jerod when he was 4. Please note the facial expression! He's 9 nine now. He's gonna be so happy to know that I shared with all of you!

And a pic of me scrubbing the back of our resident giant, who is now for sale as the owner can't afford him- :no: He's 17.3 hands of love! Vegas-

l_00b7e1de00d8cd5f502a51b82216056b.jpg

l_144a9b565f505464fab6b0729e64363a.jpg

I love boy!

Kim

I haven't ridden competitively in a few years, so having gotten this laptop last Christmas don't have any of my show photos on it. I do have this one of my Arab gelding and me after feeding one night that a friend took on their phone (not very flattering for either of us hehe):

sirnmedirty.jpg

And a nicer one of Sir (SFA Strikeit Rich) without me:

sirtoward82.jpg

When I moved to the 'burbs for an internship last fall, I leased him out to a junior rider that is showing him Class A again this summer, so I hope to have pictures of the two of them soon!

And because I have to be fair to all the horses, big and small, here are our two other biggies Chic and Sunny. Chic (Simply Stunning) is a big Appendix mare--a retired racehorse that thinks she's too good to carry people around, and Sunny (Miss Bee Sonny Bar) is a QH mare and the resident blond--she kicks herself when she trots. So no riding for these two...Here they are doing what they do best now:

Eating.

sonnychic2.jpg

And running into the barn to eat some more.

sonnychic.jpg

This is actually a picture of me the last time I rode, which was last fall. On my QH gelding, Joe. It had been probably a year and a half since he had been ridden, and I got the urge to ride one day. Just pulled him out of the pasture, threw on a halter and lead and hopped on bareback for a few minutes.

joe81906-1.jpg

joe81906-2.jpg

This is our Morgan horse Riley. He's super relaxed so he's perfect for me just getting back into riding! His personality is so awsome and kind. And he's very interested in what I'm doing if I'm in the barn, which I really like. He's a great boy and I'm blessed to have him!

DSC01732.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01482-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back