Pics for help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallynoeBaby

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This has taken quite a while for me to get these photos and i hope they come up on this screen. (If they don't please someone tell me how to get them up). Anyway a quick recap is that i was on a while back asking how i will know if my mare is good enough for showing. She is a hardship pony but has just got registered with the IMHSPS. The vet has put her as 32.7 inches but im unsure, the vet also put her down as 4 year old and i really don't know. You see when i got her the owner didn't know anything about her either so its all a guessing game. So please give me your honest opinions and do not be afraid to be blunt. Even if she is not good enough for showing she is still my wee baby and i love her to peices.

Thanks

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - I can see it now
default_smile.png
I am not experienced enough to critique but she sure is a nice looking mare:)

She looks cute - but you really cant tell anything about her from those poses -- I am assuming you have her on a lead rope that you are holding while you are taking her photo.

Why don't you try tying her to something where her head would be level with her body (not trying to graze) and try to take it from right angles to her side (you are looking at her broadside) --

With her head so close to the camera the optical illusion makes her look like she has a HUGE head -- A "daintier" halter would be more flattering (for a picture's sake). The halter she is currently wearing looks to be way too large -- like it is practically falling off her nose. In my opinion - a halter (for photos at least) should be snug to the head and positioned/adjusted so the nose band is about 1 or 2 fingers width below her cheekbones - and you can get about 1 finger inside the noseband with her head.

also make sure you are down at her level - rather than having the camera taking the picture from above looking down at her. (you are doing this correctly now).

Nice clip job on her.

JJay

That would be better if i could take the photos. I shall get them as soon as i can and then put them up. Thank you for the advice it shall be done asap.

hi muirad :saludando: i agree even if you have to, tie Baby to the fence and put on one of your show halters, oh by the way there arent any qualifiers to dublin, its not on this year,but you could still go to a qualifier for the imhsps that your in, when i get a show schedule ill let you know, ill probably see you saintfield tomorrow god willing!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back