Photographing the horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockRiverTiff

Reaction score
I broke my camera in the middle of last summer and had to revert back to a 3mp Kodak. It takes terrible distance and action pictures, so before the photo season starts again I need something new. What do you guys recommend that's got good resolution and zoom, doesn't blur your action shots, and is easy to use?

I really really really love my Canon Powershot S3 IS. It takes wonderful pictures and has many easy to use features.

camera.gif

I recently got a Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi, its a 10MP Digital SLR. Super easy to use and takes gorgeous photos. Has lots of preset modes, like sport mode for action shots, so its easy for point-and-click users, but it also has plenty of manual functions for the more advanced. The biggest plus is that you can swap out the right lenses for the job, so I have a few lenses to go with mine as well as what came with it.

If I could marry it and have its children its quite possible that I would - I just love it THAT much
default_wink.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I have a Canon Powershot G5 5.0 Mega Pixel. If your looking for a new camera anything from a 5 and up mega pixel usually will do the trick. I'm actually looking into getting a more mega pixel for I do alot of pictures and action shots with our racing club.

I have the same one as Jill and love it.
default_wub.png
:

Robin

Thanks guys! I was leaning toward Canon since I started my non-digital photography with a Rebel, which was a great camera. Really appreciate the input!

for digital i think Canon in the way to go. But I prefer to shoot in film and then get a digital CD when I get the prints developed. I know that film in a big inconvence these days
default_wink.png
: But I still don't want to see 35mm film photography die out.

I hope you get a camera that you LOVE.

-Vanessa

I love my Sony Cybershot DSC-H2, but I'm sort of an impulse buyer. If i'd thought a little harder, I would have just got the DSC-H5 (basically the same with higher mp), or Jill's camera. I actually decided on Jill's, but got to the store and they didn't have it so I picked my next choice :p

ETA: I also have a Canon A520, it's taken some nice pictures and is well put together as far as button placement, but I much MUCH prefer my Sony. Parts of the Canon have been nothing but trouble. But of course that's not to say that I wouldn't go with a higher quality one, and not to say that camera wouldn't have held up fine with someone who uses/abuses it less ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
After looking at them all, I bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2. I love it! It does everything I need a camera to do and more!
default_smile.png

I love my Nixon D50 .... It gives amazing pics that you can do anything with.

My Dad has taken pics so clear you can see the hairs on the butt of a fly !!! :new_shocked:

We use a Cannon EOS 20D with a Tamron 28 - 300 Zoom lens - and 2GB compact flash card

I love to take action photos as well - especially an acre or two away! Like this photo that was taken across a 4 acre field

Missohioaugust.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with a Canon PowerShot G7

The Canon A-640 (which is the upgrade from the S3-IS ) was my first pick but this looks like it will out power even that as a Digital.

I'm in the market SOON and would like to make the right choice.

Latest posts

Back