pet peeve of mine -- heat & horse related

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
It has been so hot lately-- the humidity has been high and I break out in a sweat just walking around.
torch.gif

(Thank goodness it's low humidity now and only about 83 degrees for a high. At least for the next few days!)

When I pick up flakes of hay to feed the horses, the dang hay sticks to me everywhere!!

And there is no brushing it off!! I have to find every piece and remove it. Or take *another* shower!

And for some strange reason it gets in under my shirt and I'm covered with the pokey stuff!!
poke.gif

It sticks IN my shirt and bra and I feel like I'm a cactus!
new_shocked.gif

Does this bug anyone else?
risa_suelos.gif

I can SO relate! It has been the same here and that hay is awfully pokey and sticky!
new_shocked.gif

jennifer

Oh yeah... and down the bra, it never fails. Another thing that never seems to fail is the moment I throw the hay, no matter how hot, humid, or whatever the day is, a breeze will send all the bits of hay right back at me.

I am constantly walking around with hay stuck in my hair, down my shirt, on my shoulders. ARGH. LOL

I can definately relate....especially in the bra! Same thing with clipping...all those tiny short itchy hairs, ugh!

Ewwww... they hay is bad, but the itty bitty clipped hairs are the worst!!!

Erin

Yup I have all of the above minus the bra (at home)
ohmy.gif
and full blown B O
shutup.gif
shutup.gif
shutup.gif
shutup.gif
shutup.gif

Doesn't matter, when I feed I have hay all over me, in my hair, down my bra, in my pants
new_shocked.gif
Hubby somehow when he feeds doesn't get it on him and he is always pulling hay out of my hair and asking how in the world do you get hay everywhere. ( Same for cooking, I wear it) And it seems like it never fails if I am putting hay over a stall wall or the fence a at least one mini steps in the way and gets hay on them. For some reason that aggravates my hubby if they get hay on them. I don't do it on purpose. And yep that gunk under your fingernails (from scratching) just doesn't seem to come out, even if you soak and soak in the tub, takes a knife or finger nail file to get it out (pocket knife is always handy for me). Do you ever wonder when you go out if you smell like horses? Oh well, I have smelled worse so horse smell doesn't bother me at all.

I get it everywhere too. But I really want to know ........

How the heck it gets in my undies????? Don't think I have plummers crack
no.gif

Lee

new_shocked.gif
Yup, I solve the bra thing by not wearing one unless someone is here.
new_shocked.gif
I keep a long sleeved cotton dress shirt that was my dad's in the barn when I handle hay. Helps a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah!

hay in my bra, yeehaa!!

dirt in my fingernails!

poop on my sandals!!

I have it all!

MY non horset friends and family think it is gross and don't understand why I like the whole horse thing!

I have started painting my fingernails, it looks pretty but I really do it to cover up the dirt in my nails that won't come out!!!!!!!!!!!! When I go to work it doesn't go over too well having dirt in my nails, they don't care that it is from tickling my horses neck!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhh! Summer fun!

yes.gif

I agree!

Constantly trying to clean my fingernails. Maybe we need to spray pam under our fingernails and see if the no stick works there?

I wear a long carcoat to feed. Still manage to get hay into every crack. At least the neighbors don't have to see me running around in PJ's in the a.m.

My husband thinks I am just normally messy. The hay follows us right into the house.

[SIZE=8pt]Maybe you all are on to something here. Our bras could double as a haybag... my poor horses would starve![/SIZE]

Tammi

capall beag said:
I have started painting my fingernails, it looks pretty but I really do it to cover up the dirt in my nails that won't come out!!!!!!!!!!!! When I go to work it doesn't go over too well having dirt in my nails, they don't care that it is from tickling my horses neck!!!!!!!!
What a great idea!
new_shocked.gif
aktion033.gif
laugh.gif
I've never wanted to waste time doing that girlie stuff (it chips off too fast from said scratching of horses) but now I see a point to it! LOL

CountryRose, what an adorable avatar!

Leia

Teedee said:
[SIZE=8pt]Maybe you all are on to something here. Our bras could double as a haybag... my poor horses would starve![/SIZE]
Tammi

436198[/snapback]

Oh, too cute. I can just imagine the look on a visitor's face seeing those 'haybags' hanging around... but the horses would be well-fed.

I have always not worn a bra when just doing chores, until the other day when I had a man and his three young boys show up unannounced to look at our colts for sale... thank goodness I was in the house when they got there, so I had a chance to... ahem... tuck it all away. Hahaha... no more letting it all hang loose I guess.

blush.gif

we're down in the flats and always have wind or a breeze and hay stuck in the bra shoes socks hair and the one l hate the most is little green hay pieces in my ears. l was shopping and a women behind me kept looking at me funny every time l turned around so l just knew l forgot to clean out the green in my ears. l did give her a big smile and fiqured she could think what she wanted. Hay pieces and shavings in the bathroom are another thing l can't get over l have no idea how all that stuff comes in the house when you make sure to try to get it all off at the back door then as soon as the bathroom is used by someone it's all over the place.

You know you can hold a flake of hay out away from your body ( I have tried this) and it STILL gets in my hair and under my shirt. There is no worse feeling than having that stuff sticking you while its 100 degrees out and your sweatin like a pig!

How funny, I deal with this everyday!!!! Now add a little Kansas wind and you'll be picking hay or alfalfa out of your hair, bra, everywhere!LOL

I went back to work after lunch one day, ran home to feed, I had a few people wandering what that green bud like thing was in my hair!LOL

I told them alfalfa, but they had to tease me..... Accused me of rolling in the hay on my lunch break!
rolleyes.gif

I definitely agree with everybody and the bra thing! My hubbie is the one that gets hay all over the horses. Drives me crazy - I'm always pulling at the stuff. I went for my first pedicure in over a year, because I finally had no bruises on my feet and I thought I could get away with sandals at work and in public.

Got the pedicure last Friday - broke my toe (yearling gelding stepped on it!) on Tuesday! Been hobbling around ever since - no sandals yet this year!!! ARGHHH!!

Moral - don't wear tennis shoes when you feed!!
wacko.gif

I have realized that M&Ms melt in your clevage, not in your hands!
biggrin.gif

And lots of hay too. LOL!

REO said:
I have realized that M&Ms melt in your clevage, not in your hands! 
biggrin.gif

And lots of hay too. LOL!

436626[/snapback]

Reo, I GOTTA ask, how did you manage to find that out? I hope you aren't so bored you feel the need to stick M&M's down your shirt
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back