Perfect homes do come along....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
* perfect *
default_yes.gif

I really love that photo of her looking at her new home.

I, too have found a perfect match for two of my horses.

My little 28" bay pinto mare, Teacup, went to live with Bren (from our forum). Teacup came to me terrified of so many things. It took almost 4 years and lots of treats and patience to get her as far as she had come. She would let me kiss her, carefully, she would follow me in the barn yard.

But when she went to her forever home, she jumped off the trailer and into Bren and her daughter Kate's arms like it was old home week.

The pictures that Bren has sent made me feel so good, that Teacup feels happy and safe.

I am so thrilled. Teacup doesn't have to do a thing, except just be Teacup.

A couple of months ago, I placed my retired tiny red roan mare with an older lady that needed to be near horses and couldn't handle the big ones any more... and it was another perfect match.

I couldn't be more thrilled with the new homes theses girls got!

Thanks Brenda!

Robin

I, too have found a perfect match for two of my horses.

My little 28" bay pinto mare, Teacup, went to live with Bren (from our forum). Teacup came to me terrified of so many things. It took almost 4 years and lots of treats and patience to get her as far as she had come. She would let me kiss her, carefully, she would follow me in the barn yard.

But when she went to her forever home, she jumped off the trailer and into Bren and her daughter Kate's arms like it was old home week.

The pictures that Bren has sent made me feel so good, that Teacup feels happy and safe.

I am so thrilled. Teacup doesn't have to do a thing, except just be Teacup.

A couple of months ago, I placed my retired tiny red roan mare with an older lady that needed to be near horses and couldn't handle the big ones any more... and it was another perfect match.

I couldn't be more thrilled with the new homes theses girls got!

Thanks Brenda!

Robin
Robin, thank you for trusting us with your pretty princess! She fits like a glove here and we feel she is happy with her new life. Her and Ginger hang out like old girfriends gabbing the day away. I am watching them right now out my office window and they are both under the pavillion next to the picnic tables just shootin the breeze. ; ) The girls are so close already and groom each other and are always togther. We all love them very much. Teacup (barn name Gracie) is really coming out of her shell and seems to enjoy attention and will let us kiss her face and love on her without backing away. I put pink scrunchies in her hair and she looks so cute!! Oh I came across a pic of her Grandsire Chief Running Brave and he is soooo pretty! She comes from such a nice family of horses. : ) I wish I knew something about our Ginger but she was a rescue and all they told us was she was 10yrs old. We know nothing else and her owners refused any communication once we had her. She had been quite abused so we are just happy she is here with us and happy and safe. : ) Hound and Horsey hugs,

Brenda

mares.jpg

Julie, you make me blush. See:
default_blush.png

You are so welcome, too.
default_smile.png

I can't wait to see photos of Blessing at her new home. When a new owner updates as often as I can tell you will... it's just the icing--sweet German Chocolate creamy icing.
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Have the young folks stopped doing cartwheels yet? Are they still like this:
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif

Cristina-Julie is a fabulous photographer! Her photos of the barn, pastures, and riders cooling off their horses were so nice! So--I'm thinking you won't have to worry about seeing Blessing once she leaves Little Church Minis.
Well in that case I'm set!
default_smile.png

Soo when does Miss Blessing leave for her new home?

Fear not! I will take and post pictures of the little lady! (Starting with her van ride home on Thursday!)

I think the barn kids are more like this guy:
default_hypocrite.gif
so that they are sure they can help with her. Hehe!

Well CONGRATULATIONS to all!!!

WELCOME Julie and Bren!!

Soo when does Miss Blessing leave for her new home?

Tomorrow (Thursday) morning. Julie and I have been emailing back and forth...
default_smile.png
She knows Blessing's life story now. And if she flips fast through the photos I've sent, she can see her grow before her eyes.
default_yes.gif

Blessing big old stall is ready...and her bag of goodies is ready...her halter path has been freshly trimmed. I've been talking to the other horses about it.
default_rolleyes.gif

Julie's all set.

We're all set.

default_smile.png

Selling a horse over here is an event.
default_yes.gif

Seats are out of the van, mats are ready.

Barn kids are on standby to help out when she gets home,

Only trouble is the captain's chairs don't come out of the van, so Blessing is going to have to be loaded from behind the van, which seems pretty high. GOod thing we have a guy with muscles coming up with us.
default_smile.png
default_thumbup.gif

Blessing is on her way to her new home! I put the ramp to the trailer up to the back of the van and she went right up without hesitating. I think she must be eager for an adventure.
default_yes.gif

Here she goes.... Kennedy came over to lend a hand--as always.
default_smile.png

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5896.jpg

Julie--any updates are in your trusting hands.
default_wub.png

just adorable!! Im so glad you waited until you found the right home for her. I cant wait to see the future updates!!

This is such a wonderfull story. It's everything I also wish for my young ones. Thanks so much for sharing. I too think the perfect home comes sooner or later if we are patient.

Best wishes to all of you..Blessing included.

Julie's emailed a few times since they left--all is well. Blessing is very calm and keeps resting her chin on Julie's shoulder. Thye sure are having a great opportunity to bond.
default_wub.png

Oh man, that little Blessing! I wrote Karla a long e-mail which I will post here as soon as I get back upstairs from dinner! Hopefully I will also have found the camera cord and created a Photobucket. :p

YOU SOLD BLESSING???!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
(As I pick myself up off the floor)

Congratulations Julie!
default_biggrin.png

Amanda

Thats wonderful you found her a loving home!! That last picture is priceless of her looking at the picture of her new home!
default_wub.png

I know, Amanda--I've said a few times "I can't believe I sold Blessing and I'm okay with that!" Just a few months ago it wouldn't have happened. There have been a few teary times--I tried to tell my husband what Julie had written in one of her beautiful long notes about Blessing's days/antics/new experiences... but I started crying so he had to read it. I think part of it is I'm just so darn proud of her.
default_wub.png
And happy for her.

I haven't second guessed my decision once. Julie's words help tremendously. I'd paste some here--but I know she'll update when she ever leaves the barn.
default_wink.png
I've gotten photos too!

I'm here, I'm here! Sorry I didn't get to this last night, I fell asleep really early after such an exciting day.
default_smile.png

So! Yesterday my mom, myself and our friend Mike left the house at about 5:00 AM. We pulled into Karla's a little past 10:30 and after signing papers and loading up the munchkin, were back on the road. When we were in Karla's driving still, Blessing was a little confused. She kept looking out the back window at her friends who were wondering where Blessing was off to. She remained a little nervous until we turned off of Karla's road. Once we were cruising, Blessing was amazing. We had to stop for road construction and she let out the loudest whinny, as if to say "Wow! Look what they're doing!" Blessing also apparently likes big 18 wheel trucks because each time one passed she would look out the window, whinny and then look at me again with that "WOw!" look in her little eyes. Like ou see in that picture, i sat in the back, just holding her lead rope. We put her hay on the folded back of the chair next to me and Blessing just munched away. Every so often she would wander over and put her chin on my shoulder, either smelling me or blowing her warm litle breath in my ear. At one point she came over and stuck some hay down my shirt, she thought that was pretty funny
default_wink.png

We only stopped twice to use the bathroom and get some gas. Each time we pulled up Blessing would whinny. She was announcing herself, I think!

She literally was an angel (A Blessing!) the entire trip. Not once did an ear go back or did she get upset or scared, a complete angel who was very mindful of private space. At one point I was even munching on carrots, she didn't even TRY to have one. Even after I offered her one, she just let that be that and was happy with what she had, didn't need to be a nudge and try to get more.

We pulled into our farm at about 5:00 PM. One of the barn owner's husbands found a piece of plywood and the little lady walked right down as if she had been in and out of cars her whole life (Karla said she hadn't been in cars/trailers too many times). I Put her out in one of the little dry lots to let her stretch her legs. SHe wandered around, explored her new home. I wet inside to check out the stall that had been set up for her and fill up her buckets and all of that. I brought her back in after a few minutes and she was great. Jumped into her stall, but I think that was because there is a dip down. I think we worked out of that today.
default_smile.png

When she got in her stall she promptly turned herself around and took a little pee. Then she went to the back of the stall and took down the shavings that had been piled in the back of the stall for later use. Apparently, the stall wasn't fluffy enough for her liking. With shavings in her forelock and mane, she went over to her hay and started munching. She whinnied a few times and almost all of the horses whinnied back to her. I think they were exchanging names and saying their 'hello's and 'welcomes to the barn's.

After we said goodnight we headed out, happy that she seemed happy. We got the barn today and rationed out her grain and fed her some breakfast. After she ate I put her back out in the dry lot and helped my mom get the biggie ready to ride.

Everyone in the barn was clamoring over her! At one point I think she had ten people at her stall. Some of the kids came over with their big ponies and let them meet Blesser. She touched noses with all of them, wriggling her little nose afterward. I brought her in when it started to rain and she met a lot of the kids. We hung out with her in the aisle, kids on all sides and ends of her, She was amazing, didn't flinch. I even had some of the kids lay over her and hug her belly, she didn't care at all! When the rain stopped, I put her out again, this time for grass. I think she was grateful for some of the green stuff. At one point she went into the long grass and I had to get her out of it because I was scared I wouldn't be able to find her!

Everyone is so excited at the barn, the other barn kids can't wait to help and have been asking dozens and dozens of questions about her. I knew she would be so good with the kids, but I'm glad that the parents of the kids got to see that, too. Now they will let them stay at the barn when they say "But I want to help with Blessing!"
default_smile.png

I think that's pretty much it. The reason there isn't too much to tell is because she was/is so good, so I'm not complaining! Tomorrow we are off to pick up her Gro N Win, some new buckets and a gate for her stall.

And NOW I'm going to go try and figure out Photobucket to show you all some pictures of her in her new home.

Whoops, pictures did not work! Anyone want to walk me through posting them?
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back