People just don't understand...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heart goes out to all who have been unjustly accused of abuse. I have reported only one person, a neighbor who had a saddle horse she kept tied to a log on a 10 or 12 ft line, no shelter, no water except once a day when she led him to it. Still I called the SPCA and asked them to stop in and educate her on what was required rather than make charges. She'd only had the horse a short time and it was her 1rst so I hoped it was lack of knowledge rather than being uncaring. After the visit she made some changes, a pen rather than tethered, free access to water etc but by the end of the summer the horse was gone. I can only assume she gave it away or resold it after learning the care was more time consuming and costly than she'd expected. Still a good outcome.

sfminis, I would be wondering if this person is running a new kind of scam. Get a lot of people to send money to help support one little horse who' 'sad sad' story you fabricate and it should supplement your income very nicely. Who cares if there are never any other horses 'rescued' and you have to make things up to get the money.... I've seen scams designed on less. Good luck, I hope you can get the filly back and clear this crap from the net. This kind of thing takes money from the true rescues doing good work and should carry consequences IMO.

I too have had the same happen to me. I was selling some rabbit equipment. In fact I had a large cage that I gave the people and 2-3 days later I have animal control come and knock on my door. They said there was a complaint that there was a severely injured mini that was bleeding and I had no shelter for them. Well, I do have shelter. Three run in's for 4 horses. Two of the mares always bunk together. I showed animal control the minis and asked her to show me which horse was injured. She said everything was in order and left. I know who it was because she was insistent that Jessie (my niece) should ride one of her mustangs in a mustang show. I told her that Jessie was far too busy with the minis. I guess she was going to get rid of the minis for me so Jessie would have time to ride her horse. The thing is, she never asked if Jessie could ride or if it was OK if she rode for her. Another thing is in our area there are horses that stand in 12'x12' pipe pens with no shelter at all. A very common practice here. I would never do it and I think it is cruel to have no shelter against the sun, wind, rain or snow. How do they keep the feed dry? Yeah, I think it is cruel. But, it is not against the law here.

Latest posts

Back