Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a LOT about heavy breathing.......
default_doh.gif
default_doh.gif
default_doh.gif

Heidi-I have missed a lot of posts lately but still watching the cam. Have you changed Peanuts stall partner again? Or are my eyes going bad?
default_rolleyes.gif
I am sorry that she is being a meany to you....we always take out our frustrations on the ones we love the most. I think a stern talking to her is in order....

Anyway I hope the blessed event is very soon because we will be leaving town again on Friday for my daughters pageant and I will not have time to watch the cam. So you have our prayers for a healthy foal and easy birth! Good luck...you certainly deserve the best!
default_yes.gif

Oh charli, thank you, I do hope she goes this week too but Im not holding my breath. Where is your daughters pageant? You have acouple daughters dont you? I may be wrong....which daughter? You guys have fun and i send your daughter lots of good luck..tell her we want more pictures!! Does your husband stay and take care of the animals for you?

I just went and gave her the last of her hay for the night and she's been doing this coming at me w/ears back and mouth open...she is just dying to eat me.Times like this make me wish she was not on cam and preggo b/c she would get one good swat.Im really at a loss on how to correct this behavior b/c I dont want her doing this when I go in the stall w/her foal. Im thinking she is going to be crazy protective. Other times she fine.
I'm not thinking Peanut's snaky behavior is so hot either.

Are you verbally/firmly getting on her when she acts out?

I'm always willing to give a bit/very small bit of latitude for being uncomfy

but not so chili hot about letting them get away with much. They have to mind.

She's had babies before so she knows what is going on - not like she is dealing

with anything brand new to her.

No one wants to see you or Skiff get hurt in one of her over-protective snits, now or

after the baby comes.

When Zoe had her first/Sister#1-Zena she was quite protective and we always kept

like a broom standing up between her and us, as a visual barrier, as she was a bit

antsy for a few days. Since, with the other sisters, she's like OK/can you babysit

while I eat, some more.

Peanut looks like such a giant marshmello. She's so stinking cute.

Your right ....its not her first foal. After all, the cam watchers cant HEAR me give her a loud, cover your ears NO! she doesnt seem to do it haltered so there is no way to give her a swift jerk...I could however I guess always just put the halter ( no lead line ) on her the minute I enter the stall..then go about my business and if she gets in her little mode I will have at least the halter to make a correction.You mention the broom...I sometimes have my pitchfork right near her face when Im scratching her b/c she can go from loving it to hating it in 2 seconds. Let her spin around and bite the pitchfork handle if she wants to bite something.

doesnt lok like she's up to much foaling tonight

Marty when you said you know about heavy breathing were you referring to horses or yourself? Sorry to be blunt I'm just concerned bout suzie at the moment...

Peanut is the cutest thing ever love everything about her!! Besides her attitude of course lol

A halter just might work - maybe one with a stubby catch rope

so you could control her head.

Only thing I do not like about catch ropes, I've seen, is if you have to

use it frequently a horse can get head shy.

Then you've got a whole other problem.

She's been good till recently,hasn't she?

Maybe she just needs a reminder that you are the boss and snotty girl

behavior isn't allowed.

Plus, it's not like Auntie Diane isn't waiting for her to vacate that room LOL

Keep that rake close by....she'd find it an untasty treat.

Cassie, to set your mind at ease I would at least call and explain to your vet what your concerns are. Before calling get all vitals and be very specific. He's doing this over the phone so its important that he knows this stuff before hand. Im really going out on a limb here and feel free someone to correct me but I think your friend may have put something silly in your head way too soon. Breach? What? where is that coming from....Im pretty sure the baby is still getting into position and for her to mention breach is very odd and w/o proper equipment how is your vet even going to know that yet? I understand your concerns...heck I've come up w/so many things to foolishly worry about its pathetic. Its hard when you mention breathing hard...I have one that breathes sort of loud but i wouldnt consider it hard, is she breathing fast.....heck you know what

just call the vet and have him come out..you will feel much better..I know i always do!

sorry I didnt help you much!wish I could send you a hug!!

Heidi you helped me heaps
default_cheekkiss.gif
Thankyou my friend!!!

I was really feeling quite down about it , I have sent Anna an email and another friend of mine who breeds minis, i might try n get my vet to come out... she looks like the foal is in alright position and everything I think anyway.

I'll wait to see what Renee, Diane and Anna think... I wonder also if Anyssa Park might have some advice maybe I might send her a pm...

Peanut doesn't really look like doing anything at all tonight does she...
default_no.gif

come on sweety we need to see at least one foal right now please!!!

I agree with Heidi, Cass and just put a note over on Suz's page.

Do whatever it takes to set your mind at ease.

It's good to be proactive without being paranoid.

Sometimes, though I could just smack people - it's like when someone

is pregnant and people tell them all the horrid birthing stories or

experiences. It's awful.

I have to admit though...on years when I have a mare in foal I do not

read anything about other's foalings, etc. until I have my baby on the

ground.

Every bad thing that happens I get worked up over and then worry constantly

until the baby hits the ground.....

Might not work for everyone but it helps Michael's sanity when I'm not going crazy.

I'm heading to bed in a few.........

Peanut seems awfully alert for this time of the morning....are you peeking at her, Heidi

from behind the wall?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heidi I rang the vet, posted what I learnt on Suzies thread, I thought I had taken enough of yours and Peanuts space LOL

she seems to be jsut grazing her stall again... come on baby girl!! we want some action NOW please?
default_yes.gif

Heidi I think you can remove the plug from Miss Peanuts bum now - that must be whats stopping her from having that baby
default_biggrin.png

I must say I think she looks a lot happier been able to swish that tail.

How much longer can they keep us waiting
default_wacko.png

well Miss Peanut has slept in the kitchen tonight
wacko.gif
She has slowly gone round the room trying to find her favourite spot to have her baby so now she has tried them all perhaps tomorrow will be the night.
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back