PARELLI Horsemanship

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN Belle

Reaction score
Anybody here in Pat Parelli's Savvy club and might be going to the Franklin Tennessee Conference in Late January?

I AM, I AM, I AM!!!! I am so excited to get started. Now my horses are home, I have the Level One Kit from last year's Chrsitmas (that I haven't really gotten into yet), and now the tour is just a couple of hours for me and I am so excited to learn this stuff. I have played with it for a while as my boarding barn owner followed his training, but now it's my turn.

I know it's a little early to start a roll call, but I was just curious of how many of you might also be there. We already booked our rooms at the Days Inn, close to the mall and hospital. The arena is the next exit south and is a very nice & clean place, we had the TN Horse Fair last year.

[SIZE=12pt]ohh! Congrats!
default_laugh.png
[/SIZE]

I would love to attend one of those, sounds very interesting.
default_yes.gif

Won't be attending, but wanted to say have fun!
default_biggrin.png

We went to Little Rock this summer to see the Parelli's - it is awesome. With the new format should be even better. I'm working on Level 1 - ground work is done but I'm stuck on some riding things. Maybe they will have their mini's Barnum and Bailey there. They weren't in Little Rock, but they sometimes take them. If it's your first time to see them, you're going to love it. We're going to the Kanas City stop.

I have been to it a couple of times here in Ft Worth.

Both times they had Barnum and Bailey and they are cute but they don't spend near enough time showing what they can do.

The presentation is certainly inspirational. Especially if this is going to be your first time.

However I am just one of those that can't seem to visualize what I read so I go to a lady that has studied with many trainers as well as Parelli. And she shows me all the steps. I got through level 1 with my TB mare and it made all the difference. That was the best training for her as she was off the track and would push through pressure. And we tried to use a bit with her but it didn't ever stop her. But this program taught her to yield to pressure with the halter and natural hackmore. And when I went back to the bit she was much softer and more responsive.

I guess you can tell I am a big fan of the program. Good luck with your training. And hope you have a wonderful time at the conference.

Latest posts

Back