Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am heading to OKC tommorrow for 6 months.... I would like to hear about the parades. This will be my last trip to OKC since we have started our house and it will be finished when I return to Colorado in May. Debbie
You should try the OKC one, Debbie, since it is so close to you. I've never done it, but I know there are lots of hroses. Have not heard, yet, about the night Chickasha parade. I am busy on the 1st, so cannot do OKC.

"You know had thought about doing our parade her in town but there is a you must pick up your own poop thing"

I don't know why, but my horse never poops while "on the job". He's been driving for 10 years and has never once gone while in harness or in a building while visiting. I think if there is a rule like that in a parade one would need a helper to go along with a plastic grocery bag. It would just take a second to pick up. The parade horses generally are VERY messy. It reminds me of that cowboy poem I've heard Red Steagal recite, about "no place to park your horse". Times have changed. The first streets were paths made by horses or wild animals, and now they are not welcome on them anymore...

Just have to put one more picture on. Here we are in the Kewaskum, WI. Christmas parade last night. I'm in back. My granddaughter, age 7, is driving the viceroy and daughter is driving in front. Much nicer parade as it wasn't as cold and the route was not long back to the trailer so not so dangerous. I think I'd prefer daytime parades

DSC_0172.JPG

I love your photos!!!! I'm originally from Milwaukee and can appreciate how cold it can get. You inspired me to decorate my Pepper and his cart.

Karen

Latest posts

Back