Parade brags!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
We did three parades this Christmas season and had fun in all! We also WON, too!

First parade was the Parade of Lights in downtown Fort Worth.

1901185_796805523691826_2453048777913470461_n.jpg

We looked great and the parade people thought so, too! We won the Equestrian class AND the Cowtown Spirit award! (Best equestrian unit)

One cool thing about our unit is out of the eight of us, six are World/National champions/reserves, four are Hall of Fame winners and one is a rescue!

Then we did the Weatherford parade and won 3rd place in the horse division.

10801_10205648132953124_4085329376172533335_n.jpg

And that evening we participated in the Azle parade and won the theme division: Cowboy Christmas! Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures that night.

Edited to add: Azle parade pic!

10849814_804682816233407_6381818628907746851_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! I wish we had those kind of parades here but our city doesn't do a Christmas parade at all and the one they have in spring is not horse friendly at all. In fact fewer and fewer people bother to go watch it every year because they have so many rules and rush the parade along the route. Cars and motor bikes, not even any walking clowns anymore.
default_thumbdown.gif
There are a couple of small neighbouring communities that do parades that are supposed to be fun but we haven't made it to any. The hour and a half drive is often enough to discourage us.

Well, here in Texas you HAVE to have horses!
default_thumbup.gif
I got a call just the other day from a lady running the Granbury Texas Independence Day parade. She was SO excited to have us come, I could almost hear her dancing over the phone line.

Love it! Wish we had Christmas parades around here... Congrats on the awards as well!

And that is a beautiful church/cathedral on the corner in the second pic. I'm a sucker for architecture.

You all look wonderful! Glad you had a good time. We just had our Christmas parade here last night. I'm pretty sure my daughter's 4-H Mini club was a hit with the kids in the crowd. Everytime I turned around one of the minis was surrounded by kids. LOL

Love it! Wish we had Christmas parades around here... Congrats on the awards as well!

And that is a beautiful church/cathedral on the corner in the second pic. I'm a sucker for architecture.

I think that is the Catholic church in W'ford. Either that or the Methodist. I'll have to check next time I'm down there.

Back