Pancreatic cancer strikes my family and a friend in a motorcycle accident

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
Haven't been on in some time...horses are all well and have been a good diversion from some sad news we got in November - my stepdad - who raised me - was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer that had already spread to his liver... he opted not to do chemo as he did not want to be ill for the last months of his life, and was doing well until this past Wednesday... I got the call to come see him as he declined quickly... he recognized me and chatted for a bit on Friday but now he does not recognize me... and my sister and her hubby have been caring for him rather than have him go to a hospice facility... he is fighting it every step of the way, even in his weakened condition. I am glad to be here to help my sister and her family and dad - I could not stand not being able to know what was happening, and now I can help.

I just took a call from their best friend who was in a motorcycle accident this evening... my sister is going to pick him up so he is not alone as he has no family in the area...

Please keep dad and their friend in your prayers.

Denise

Prayers and Light going out right now.........

Please let us know what's happening when you can.

What a terribly tough time for you and your family.
no.gif
Sending prayers.
pray.gif

Haven't been on in some time...horses are all well and have been a good diversion from some sad news we got in November - my stepdad - who raised me - was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer that had already spread to his liver... he opted not to do chemo as he did not want to be ill for the last months of his life, and was doing well until this past Wednesday... I got the call to come see him as he declined quickly... he recognized me and chatted for a bit on Friday but now he does not recognize me... and my sister and her hubby have been caring for him rather than have him go to a hospice facility... he is fighting it every step of the way, even in his weakened condition. I am glad to be here to help my sister and her family and dad - I could not stand not being able to know what was happening, and now I can help.

I just took a call from their best friend who was in a motorcycle accident this evening... my sister is going to pick him up so he is not alone as he has no family in the area...

Please keep dad and their friend in your prayers.

Denise

Dad got his angel wings this morning... I woke to the sound of rain and my brother-in-law came to get me and said he had just passed.

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

Denise

My sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your stepdad. So glad you were there with him.

Barbie

My sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your stepdad. So glad you were there with him.

Barbie
Many thanks - just sat to write his obituary...working on vacuuming and dusting his home... better if I keep busy while my sister and brother-in-law are making the arrangements.

I am so glad I got to be with him...and my family here.

Denise

I am so sorry... We have a good friend near the end of his battle with cancer also and it is horrible. Hugs to you and all your family.

Hope your friend that had the accident will be ok.

Oh Denise--you're having a tough time. I know this isn't all you're going through. Please pamper yourself when you can. Prayers for strength on the way.

Oh Denise--you're having a tough time. I know this isn't all you're going through. Please pamper yourself when you can. Prayers for strength on the way.

My grandpa always said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Dad is here in spirit - there are tons of forget-me-nots growing in the lawn near his house... we have the arrangements made and are getting ready for that...

Our friend is banged up but very lucky - a lady cut in front of him with her car and he flipped over the handlebars trying not to hit her.

I am looking forward to riding when I get home - that is pampering myself... hoping Weatherly is feeling the same way - Dad always loved black Thoroughbreds but he was quite impressed with my solid black Morgan filly (who thinks she is the "Head for the Mountains" Busch beer commercial horse on occasion - you can YouTube it).

Thank you to all for your prayers.

Denise

My grandpa always said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Dad is here in spirit - there are tons of forget-me-nots growing in the lawn near his house... we have the arrangements made and are getting ready for that...

Our friend is banged up but very lucky - a lady cut in front of him with her car and he flipped over the handlebars trying not to hit her.

I am looking forward to riding when I get home - that is pampering myself... hoping Weatherly is feeling the same way - Dad always loved black Thoroughbreds but he was quite impressed with my solid black Morgan filly (who thinks she is the "Head for the Mountains" Busch beer commercial horse on occasion - you can YouTube it).

Thank you to all for your prayers.

Denise

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just went through this with a dear friend who lost his dad to kidney cancer on April 15th and it's amazing how fast someone can go downhill. My grandmother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January and we are trying hard to make the most of the time we have left with her. She is my only remaining grandparent and lives far away so it's tough to know I can't spend as much time with her as I'd like.

Leia

Latest posts

Back