Painting!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
In preparing for my upcoming return to college where I will study Illustration I've been taking a few non-credit continuing-education classes. I haven't taken ANY art classes in over 17 years and even those classes were VERY basic. I knew I would need to know how to paint and having had NO training in that area, one of the classes I chose to take was a painting class. I had a few very cool paintings that I started, but this is the only one that is now finished and I'm SO proud of it that I had to share:

268021103.jpg

Unfortunately, my husband claimed it (yes, my husband of all people) and I've not had the opportunity to look at it in person since it's been framed. He picked it up from being framed and whisked it off to his office. I finally convinced him to at least take a photo of it for me.

I have two other paintings I need to finish (one of our dog and a portrait) and I have a third painting that I will have finished over the next few weeks (a trio of geese). I'm stunned. I didn't think I could paint like this.

Wow, that is AWESOME!!! Love the colors in it. If your husband is like mine, he will get his own set of paints and start some art projects too! Congrats on a beautiful painting!

It's gorgeous! You have the eye. :D I remember when I did my first "real" drawing I felt the same way. It was so much richer than I ever thought I could achieve! I really need to upload the full images again so I can share also!

I just love your use of color in this painting; just gorgeous. Your billy just jumps right off the page and comes to life!

Incredible, I can imagine how soft that ear feels. :aktion033:

If your husband is like mine, he will get his own set of paints and start some art projects too!
Believe me, he would love to. His grandfather was a painter and he's been trying off and on to pick up the hobby. He's excellent with words, but his artistic skill needs much polishing. He was convinced he could learn to paint without having to learn how to draw, but seeing me paint after learning how I'm SUPPOSED to be using the paints he's realizing that there is indeed a lot of drawing involved. I'm trying to convince him to take a class. Maybe it'll get thru to him now.

Very nice!!
default_yes.gif
:

I would also love to take some painting classes again.... maybe some day.

HeeHee, I hope he does it! My husband and I are doing art shows together and it is really fun to have a cheering squad with you!

I have painted since I was in high school. He taught himself to use watercolors about three years ago, and now he kicks my butt in the shows! Our art is totally different and he does a great job!

Anyway... LOVE your painting!

very nice :aktion033: . The light and detail is great.
default_yes.gif
: I see people's paintings and just know I'm going to have to get back into it. I do, or did, oil paintings and I miss it so much.

Amanda

Wow! You're very talented. Please post more when you can.
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]that's is just beautiful, i see why he wisked it away...i would have too :bgrin , Nikki[/SIZE]

Well, I'll post the geese when they're done. There's not a ton of work left on them, but I need to wait for the underpainting to dry so I can get some more layers on it and finish it up.

I got phone calls today from two people wanting to buy the painting (one an attorney who saw it in the office and the other an acquaintance in Texas). I told my husband teasingly that he would have to buy the painting it if he truly wanted it.......so he DID! :new_shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back