Oversea's buyer and cost

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minie812

Reaction score
I have a person interested in one of our minis. We have never done an oversea's purchase or what the cost is plus quarantine and such. It would be to Auvergne, France. Anyone that can give us some advise on this and what you recommend? Thxs in advance.

Each time I sold overseas, it was 100% up to the buyer to plan everything. They hire a broker and the broker takes care of making ALL arrangements, from getting the horse picked up at your farm, delivered to quarantine station and all flight arrangements etc.

Same here. I've helped keep my horses from being sent to a couple of known "bad" quarantines, but other than that, the buyer usually makes all the arrangements, and I just got the "traveling" papers and vaccinations done.

From the other direction (!) Yes, someone does it all for me, and very well done too. So, if this is a first time importer I would suggest you find out the name and e-mail of a broker in the States and give it to them (But to cover yourself I would also point out you have not personally used them) Barring that, perhaps the people on here could put forward their recommendations?

Latest posts

Back