Overdue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponypassion

Reaction score
My mare is 148 days today. She was bred 1 time 1 day so I'm positive of the date. It took us 4 yrs of trying to finally get her to conceive which was totally unexpected. Should I be freaking out?!

My mare went 372 with her first and 321 with this one. Both were born perfectly healthy and strong. She'll have it when it and she are ready; there's really no such thing as "overdue" (unless it's from something like fescue toxicity or something).

My mare is 148 days today. She was bred 1 time 1 day so I'm positive of the date. It took us 4 yrs of trying to finally get her to conceive which was totally unexpected. Should I be freaking out?!
I'm sure you mean 348 days, not 148? I have had 2 maiden mares go at 354 and 351. Most of mine have gone in the high 330s though.

Marsha

All but one of my mares has gone at least 2 weeks past their 330 day due dates. All foals were healthy and mares did fine. We've had one mare foal at 370 days and all was fine.

I'm sure you mean 348 days, not 148? I have had 2 maiden mares go at 354 and 351. Most of mine have gone in the high 330s though.

Marsha

Yes of course. Can you tell I'm shook up! We've had mini donks for 25 yrs and there's never any worry. I haven't had many horse foals and had problems so I worry.

Latest posts

Back