Overdue mare to Foal any day now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!! Looks like a nice filly, is she blue eyed? I'm glad to read she has foaled - I was just going to come on and agree with Bess, when I have them rolling and fretting for an extended period of time I worry about a dystocia. We had a terrible one last year born a full 24 hours after she started all that rolling.

Glad yours has a good ending!

Jan

We are not sure if she has blue eyes or not. They are very dark so hard to tell. I don't think she would as neither parent does. We were also very worried for Momma mare because when i checked her this afternoon she had what looked like dried old blood running down the back of her (It was brown in color, turns out she was so loose she was peeing down herself and was dirty) So we were frantic because she was dripping milk and we thought she would foal any minute, and that something was terribly wrong with the baby (breech, dead, red bag, etc). We called every vet in the area we could to try and get someone to come out and look at her because we did not feel comfortable moving her and stressing her out. One clinic had no emergency vets at this time due to lack of vets, one lady couldn't come because she had to take her son to a birthday party. The last guy told us she was fine and not in labor and that we were overreacting, but if we were really worried to give her an 8cc shot of banamine
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
Needless to say we won't be using him anymore.

We finally got ahold of a a nice vet we have never used, Dr. Wallace, who was the first to believe us that something wasn't right. He came out and looked at her, felt inside and said baby is alive and in position, that mom is just not ready. She was only 4 fingers dialated. As soon as he left we went to jump on the internet to see just how dialated they have to be to foal, and she was down and pushing and her water broke. This baby just needed a massage lol. The only real problem we had is we had to tear open the sack (thank god we were there, we were actually on our way out to feed since there was no way she was ready
default_wink.png
darn mares lol) and that momma mare is really sore. So we gave her some banamine once she passed the placenta.

2 mares down with 2 healthy fillies, and 2 more mares to go. One due this month, and another in april.

:DOH!
default_biggrin.png
default_wink.png
Ain't marestare great
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png
:DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
OH Congratulations! I am waiting for my baby too and your little filly is just what ZI am waiting for, my mare is about the same size , I am glad to hear the details it will help me when the time comes, I am thinking it will be tonight, I am so glad it turned out so well for you and the mom and cute filly, Take care and thanks again for taking the time to tell what happened, I will post when my baby comes, Renee

Congratuatlions! Christina,

She is so precious! I am so glad everything went okay!

Aw, your filly is so darling!! Congratulations, she was worth the wait!
default_aktion033.gif

Hey Christina,

Congratulations!! Since I know you'll be going out to take more pictures, could we see her all dry and fluffy?? She's a leggy little lady and looks like she's going to be oh so pretty!! Can't wait to see her dry glamour shots!

Jodi

Latest posts

Back