Outrageous, fun, different and totally cool horse names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite names is one I used last year, dam's barn name is Rosie, so I named her filly "Crayonbox Ring Around the Rosie" and called her "Rhyme". And it fit her too, soon after birth she was running circles around her dam! :bgrin

My favorite from 2 yrs ago is , " Fashionably Late." for obvious reasons.
default_yes.gif
:

Robin

Hi Marty,

Here are some of mine..

My first pony: Scuba Diver ~ I called her Scuba ~she LOVED water

a TB fav name of mine D.O.T. ~ Dept. of Transportation ~ She was FAST!!!

and my favorite all time bad colt name: Natural Disaster hehe

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

My husband is a great Monty Python fan,.,,, since he came up with the name The Crabby Chicken Ranch, he wants to name a filly,,,, Fowl Temptress.... and I suppose , one day I will have to let him... Geez.
default_wink.png
:
Hey, we actually named a colt Field of Dreams Montana Python, and yes, his name is Monty. :lol:

I always liked this huge hunter mare: Legendary Chicken Fairy. She was cool!

A Shetland we saw at Region 5 last year: No White Okay. She was solid.

Jane's daughter bought a Paint filly from a friend. She is solid. When they dried her off after she was foaled, Debbie said "Oh, Fudge" and it stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I forgot the first foal we were expecting out of our stallion Shadow Dancer (former herd sire) several years ago. We had decided, colt or filly, it's name would be Me and My Shadow. The filly was born, a stunning bay pinto and several hours after she was born, I noticed her kind of bouncing back and forth next to the wall of her stall. It looked really odd so I went to check on her...she was playing with her SHADOW, cast onto the wall by the heatlamp bulb!!!! "Sadie" went to live with the Haroldson Family of Aces Miniatures and is still a treasured member of their family
default_yes.gif
:

Also, we had a mare who's foals were given similar names...Can She Dance, Can She Can Can, Can She Cha Cha....and the only colt, Do Ya Wanna Dance.

We had a filly we named Babyet Due to the fact we did not know when her mom was due when

we hought her. We told all our friends we were going to have a baby. It was months later and

our friends would always greet us with you got a "Baby Yet" ???After of hearing this millions of times

we finally decided when the baby got here it would be" Babyet".
default_yes.gif
:

We also have a gelding named "Spur of the Moment" . He was our first and we bought him on the

Spur of the moment. If we had only know then where his purchase would take us........ :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

We were at nationals and heard them announce one of the horses as something... "Balls To The Wall".

I dropped my chin and thought I heard it wrong . :eek: :eek:

Glad this thread came out now I know I did hear it. LOL :new_shocked: My friend and I have laughed at

this many times. Maryann

Some of the minis from Sami's Lil Horse Farm - the Top Banana lines - have names that crack me up...

Just off the top of my head - ones I have heard...

We have Sami's Near Miss Banana Kiss....

and one of her daughters is Star Valley's Gimme A Kiss - barn name Smooch.

Sami's Indiana de Banana

Sami's Hannah Banana

Sami's Havana Banana

Sami's One Banana Two Banana

Sami's Our Fine Banana Wine

Sami's Nana Banana

Some of the other names are great, too...

Sami's Tart With A Cart

Sami's Va Va Voom

Sami's Whoop Dee Doo

A few unusual Thoroughbred names...

Arewehavingfunyet

Watamichoppedliver

Odor in the Court

Hoof Hearted :lol: ... sound it out as if you are calling a race... Hoof Hearted second on the clubhouse turn...

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]I love off-the-wall names. Our last two fillies names are [/SIZE]

DandL's LiL Sheet ( Sire name is Classic Phantom Gold and dam is Lil Bit of Luck)

SMHC Freedoms Dial-A-Hottie (our last name is Dial)

Tammi

My last big appy I raised, I named Trial by Fire and he seriously was. Ever have a horse follow you while you are putting up insulators for the electric fence and have him pull them off as fast as you put them up and spit them at you? The one "big" horse we have left is appropriately named JJ Little Britches cause it looks like he's wearing a pair of pants. Linda B PS as for the horse Balls to the Wall it started my kids thinking up really weird names here are a few they came up with and I think they have entirely too much time on their hands.

Moon Me Baby

Tatooed Testicles

One Big Hairball

I love reading all these names. HAHAHAHAHA

Here are some of mine.

'Lil' Gems Twisted Sister and her daughter this year I named 'Lil' Gems Twisted by Design (her sire is Buck On's by Design). I also had Clairece and Hanabal Lector for barn names. Clair's real name is 'Lil' Gems Show Me the Monet. Now I am waiting on more babies but I have been warned that because the barn name of this year baby is Tango then the next kids name has to be Cash. HAHAHA

Susan

Well I wasn't going to post this one but after reading some of the others.........a friend who worked for AQHA swore this was true. One that slipped under the radar in aqha registration, Test Tickle. A race horse no less, imagine calling that one in the stretch! :bgrin

Jan

I've got bunches of names for horses in my bag that I've been saving for years.

I'm seriously thinking of throwing caution to the winds, and not use my farm name and just use some of these names that I think are just way out there.

Got any?
One of my colts this year got choked on something, the vet was finally able to push the offending object down into his stomach, and he was able to nurse, but he almost died that day, and the he got aspiration pneumonia form the ordeal, and almost died 2 days later from complications, and had to be tube fed, he is now very healthy, and seems to be no worse for the wear, he has out run the Grim Reaper several times, hence the name Lil Hoofbeats Never Say Die ! We have a filly born is black and white with blue eyes, her mothers name is Lil Hoofbeats Premenition, her name will be, Lil Hoofbeats When Spirits Talk . We have a red filly out of a mare we bought, her name will be, Lil Hoofbeats Ruby Red Slippers.

WannaBeaAppie

Shame On U

Throw The Spots

Shimmer Shameless

Put A Lil Shimmer On The Chip

Dontcha Dream

Keepin It Simple

Spots R Us

Throw The Spots

Put Your Chips On Me

Yay A Stallion (friend named her horse this)

Snow Shame Here (No shame here)

Pride Is Snow Pretty

Tri Colored Pride

RowRowRow The Spots

GoTriItOnTheMountain

Sing A Song Of Six Spot

Snow Slow Willy

Whatchamacallit

Snow Dreamy

Rock N Roll Tootsie Roll

SpotsAColorful

ConnectThe Dots

Mr. Tried

Yay Baby Got Bay

Spots On U

Thundering Rockadilly

Gotta Spot Soon

Wish I Had Spots

Thunderific

Colorific

Two pinto half-andalusian sporthorse colts we have right now are named "Artistic License", and "Double Take".

I thought they were great names that really fit them.

Artistic%20License%20s.jpg
Double%20Take%20%20s.jpg

My Absolutley FAVORITE name of all time for a show horse is "Topless".

You have to be a woman showing the horse ... and the Anouncer calls:

and here comes / the winner is "Your Name" riding/handling/showing "TOPLESS"! :new_shocked: :lol:

:new_rofl:

Well they're not mine, but some that I've seen are...

My RRSP (a racehorse)

Daddysaidyes (a hunter)

I thought those were cute. I also saw Hoof Hearted race
default_wink.png
: LOL!

Oooh, I thought of one more! This is not my horse, but it is at some of the shows I go to. It's name is Daddy's Empty Pockets II. There was a Daddy's Empty Pockets I, but something happened to it, can't remember what. I have always gotten a kick out of that name, and there is a story to go with it, but I can't think of it now!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I think it was a saddlebred that I saw once named 'Financial Burden' (knicknamed 'Cash'). I just thought that was so cute. Show horses sure can be.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back