Outrageous, fun, different and totally cool horse names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the sound of "Flick a Boogar" yea, I'd go for that one.........
or how about "Pickit N Eatit" ???

Awwwww,....Marty,.......... "Pickit N Eatit",.........ewwww,.....gross,.......but,.....kinda funny,..all at the same time!
default_wacko.png
: :lol:

Oh, lets see if I can recall all the funny names I've come across. In high school, I almost bought a horse named IMA Fool (born on April Fools day) and Why oh Why. At work, I've had Corona on Ice. If you want some really funny names, look at the donkey and mule names!

I'm starting to think of Pondering Oaks names. We'll see what pops in to my head.

My reg. breeding stock paint mares name is Balcony Babe. And a mini mare I bought early this years name is Risque Remarque.
default_unsure.png
:

I used to look after a racehorse called Peter Cottontail, he was a come from behind horse so he always gave everyone a giggle when the race announcer would give him the call at the top of the stretch "Here comes Peter Cottontail!!!!!!!" I still have a ton of win pictures of him, he was a real character!! :lol:

I'm a big fan of the Bates Motel offspring (Thoroughbred):

Last Shower

Shower Scene

Suspensiskillinme

Instant Checkout

Blonde in a Motel

And then there are these clever names based off of the horse's lineage:

Alphabet Soup - out of the dam Illiterate

Fuss Fuss Fuss (out of Nag Nag Nag)

OOdor in the Court (by Judge Smells)

Prenup (by Smarten out of Homewrecker)

I think my favorite name was of TB I owned, Shezastepahead. The funny thing about that is that she was always last in her races. I called her Candy Cane, since she could not live up to her real name, LOL

:new_shocked: We had a QH gelding with the name MIssing One Sock, He had three high white socks, We called him socks of course!!

Oh, I can play this game! hehe, I LOVE unusual names! :aktion033:

• Idefygravity

• Showcase Romeo

• boogieondown

• Royal Image

• Bedazzled

• surpreme king

• takemybreathaway

• lighting strike

• Call Me Flash

• Flying Effect

• Bold Display

• inforthewin

• Cool Fortune

• LottaLuck

• Im Red Hot

• Best of Intentions

• Gotta Be Better

• Clever Treasure

One of our multiple National chmapion leopard appy geldings was named Flying A Color's Jamaica Me Crazy. Mark used to really get after it when annoucing at Nationals, it was great!
default_yes.gif
: His nickname was "Sanka", after the character of Sanka Coffee in the movie "Cool Runnings"

I named a colt (that we unfortunately lost at 6 months to acorn poisoning) ANYTHINGYOUCANDOICANDOBETTER He was a NICE colt.

We've had some great names over the years. When the Lutke's were doing the Futurity, Dale said he saved my nominations for last, just to be able to enjoy the names we came up with
default_yes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt] I like Flicka Boogie!haha!!I love Roys name One Ritz-C-Kid it sutes him! I also like Mr.Cryptonight Kid...i have a list some where from when i was registering roy! [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually name mine after either the sire or dam, and add what fits.

But my favorite, very special little itty bitty guy,

we named, V V's I A'int No Pony

It's those funny names you always remember and I remember an appaloosa when I was a kid called Dirty Diapers. A girl I worked with had a thoroghbred she called Sable and would not tell us her registered name. Well one day we got it out of her and the horse's name was Miss Erotica. With a name like that I definately would call her something else. My kids get the biggest charge out of Jeanne McClanahan's colts name Lil Darlings Ciscos Balls to the Wall, it cracks them up every time. They love to come up with gross names some of which I can't mention here! Linda B

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

Good names you guys. I still LOVE Play that Funky Music,,, that is one of the best names ever. Usually you hear Cotton, Snowball, or Sugar for cremellos, not Funky!!!

My husband is a great Monty Python fan,.,,, since he came up with the name The Crabby Chicken Ranch, he wants to name a filly,,,, Fowl Temptress.... and I suppose , one day I will have to let him... Geez.
default_wink.png
:

Mine is not as wacky as the others but...

We bought a Paint a few years back named PP Lucky To A Te (I did not name him). I just could not name him Lucky for a barn name so I call him PJ but is teased by my friends and called PP, poor PP
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Also I NAMED my corgi Tator Tot Too Hot, AKA Tator, He sure thinks himself HOT :lol:

Back in my QH days, when Moby Dick was a minnow.....

I had a daughter of

Muddy Fanny.....she was by Red Mud, can't think of her dams name, but it had Fanny in it...maybe Red Fanny? something like that.

Rusty Creek........he was by Beaver Creek

I named a paint filly ....Oh So Hot N Lacy .....she was by One Hot Commission

Sue
default_smile.png

Still waiting for a crazy colored one that I can call;

Dropped the paintbucket! :bgrin

My Mother loves to come up with funky names for the racehorses. We've got a few that I really love...

Im a Nauti Boy (He IS a naughty boy sometimes... but also, my Fathers uncle who half owned him when we named him was really into sailing and all things nautical)

U Know My Father (who is by NZ's best trotting sire... and hes a real arrogant little guy so it fits!)

Is That You Brutus (will be funny to hear the race caller saying THAT one)

Hanover the Gold (Hand over the gold)

I still own a solid paint gelding with two stockings and a bald face. Just not enough white to be regular registry. He is by a paint stallion and out of a TB mare. His registered name is No Foolin' Ima Paint. My husband named him. His barn name is Hank.

Latest posts

Back