Outrageous, fun, different and totally cool horse names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I've got bunches of names for horses in my bag that I've been saving for years.

I'm seriously thinking of throwing caution to the winds, and not use my farm name and just use some of these names that I think are just way out there.

Got any?

We watched a bucking bull video sale this winter for a couple hours to get some wild names. Haven't used any yet. "Mudslinger" was a long shot to ever use! "Yellow Jacket" was one for a palomino. I know a yearling colt that could very well have been named "Warthog".

Mark

I once knew paint, who was a great big fat old halter mare named "Lucious Lil"

I thought that was pretty cool.

I have a Luscious, and her first foal was named Delicious

We had an AQHA Hunter Under Saddle mare... who was named... "Pasta Fazool"...
default_wacko.png
: I have NO idea why her breeders named her that... (she was a Royal Salute daughter... so many cool names could have come from that ... LOL!) so her barn name while we owned her was "Harmony"... it just fit her so much better... :bgrin

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

I was at a QH show one time and the judges were talking about foals they had, one had a colt out of a line with Flick and Boogie in the background, he was SERIOUSLY talking about naming his colt Flick A Boogie, that further than I'd go. :new_shocked:

krisp

I have freind who has an arabian colt named "Hannahadabrat" :lol: the dam name is Hanna! i alway smile when I hear or think of his name!

The buckskin colt we just had has been named "Okiape" pronuced O Ka Pee, means Little Joker.We will just call him Okkie. My son-inlaw is from South Africa and comes up with some funny names for things. I plan on someday naming a filly Mycie, menas "little girl" I alway wanted to name on Mycie Spots.... MAY SEE SPOTS

I like the sound of "Flick a Boogar" yea, I'd go for that one.........

or how about "Pickit N Eatit" ??? :new_shocked:

Like the one's so far! :aktion033:

Friend of mine had an Appaloosa stallion, "Three Chicks Plaudit", whom he called "Chicken". All of that stallion's foals either had the word chick or chicken in them...or referred to chickens. One year he had "Here a Chick", "There a Chick, and "Everywhere a Chick". I stayed with tradition with the foal my mare had by him, and named her "Sunny Side Up".
default_wub.png
: :lol:

When I see some of the "Buck" names, and how resque some of them are...it makes me wonder what a lot of the "Boogerman" foals got stuck with.

You might be closer than you think with that, Marty.
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin :new_shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew a lady who raised Quarter Horses and named one of her colts Tight Fittin' Genes and another one I Can Whiz Too (Leo Whiz bloodline). lol

I also like to hear stand out names with or without prefixes, but, as an aspiring breeder, I want people to know "oh, that's a horse from Whinny For Me Farm" or "Jill O'Roark bred this horse" 15 years down the road! I know that's vanity but that's the way I feel. I'm proud of what I've put together, so I want to "mark" the horses with my prefix (which is reserved in both registries). I've got a catalog of names just waiting on the chance to use them on the right to-be horses. :bgrin

default_yes.gif
: Knew a trotter once named Belly Ache also one named By Myself [sure enough always dead last]. Knew a Morgan named Whoa Nellie. And a Quater horse named I'll Cut You.

I've got bunches of names for horses in my bag that I've been saving for years.

I'm seriously thinking of throwing caution to the winds, and not use my farm name and just use some of these names that I think are just way out there.

Got any?

I always have fun naming my horses and have allot of favorites, here's a few, lol!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

To have others recogonize a horse by their name just makes you feel good :bgrin

(LTD's) Nacho Plano Red

(LTD's) Nacho Ordinary Guy

(Magic Man's) All Izon Me

(LTD's) Maid U Look

(LTD's) Mister Baditude

(LTD's) Reckon Ima Wrangler

(LTD's) Dun Ben Wrangled

(LTD's) Justa Stablegirl

(LTD's) Justa Farmgirl

(LTD's) Hired Hand

(LTD's) Quick Cash

(LTD's) Cash N Carrie

(Magic Man's) Fashionably Dun

(Magic Man's) Pick Me Please

(LTD's) Man In Command

(LTD's) Count Me In

(LTD's) Red E To Win

(LTD's) Mi Te Fine

(LTD's) Heart To Beat

(Magic Man's) Dun One ~ tiny black frame overo stallion ~ spin off for "done won"

(LTD's) Make Mine Fine China

(LTD's) Make Me A Star

(LTD's) Kant Top This

(LTD's) Gotcha Lookin

I am just starting to name horses and dogs (we are going to start raising Corgis). Our farm name is Greystone so I am trying to stay with rocks, minerals, precious stones. It is not that easy; I want them to be somewhat creative. So far we have

GSF Diamond in the Rough - we call her Lady Di

GSF Chip Off The Ol' Iceman - first colt from my stallion IceMan

My Corgis I named Josh Garnet - I call him Josh and Coal Miner's Daughter - I call her Sissy.

I cool names you can think of I would appreciate. IceMan should be giving me three babies in about a month. From Pattons Cashmere, Pattons Ebony and GSF Diamond in the Rough.

Greystone, my youngest son has gotten into rock collecting so I'll keep you in mind as I learn more about the names of things. I love being creative so if I think of anything (providing I actually remember - LOL) I will let you know. Some cute names here. I've always thought about using IDF Im Hotchit just so I could listen to the announcer when he called it out. But since there are so many kids at shows I haven't used it. Of course I have come up with several adult oriented names just for fun. It is great to do in the winter when you're bored. One I do plan to use if I am lucky enough to get a true buckskin or might use it for a palomino is IDF Just a Buckerscotch. Keep those names coming ...this is a fun post. Oh and I'm with Marty. I love the name Flick A Boogie. It's very much a QH type of name and would get a lot of recognition. Although the Zip's Chocolate Chip stallion owner passes out choc chip cookies at the show. I don't even want to think of what they'd pass out for Flick A Boogie :new_shocked:
default_wink.png
:

My background is actually in QH's and I do love some of the names, I worked with some Sweet Talkin Chip offspring, my old boss has a Rugged Lark son thats palomino named Wish Upon A Lark (I like that one :bgrin ) Then there was the Snazzy Story son a friend had named Snazzmatazz, and some of the Te N Te horses had neat names, I had a mare named Red Roan Te, knew a barrel horse named Oreos N Te.

The funniest, most risque name I've seen in YEARS though and still laugh about it is a cremello stallion named Creme Your Genes :new_shocked:

Oh, and I had a QH gelding named Stick Em Up, the name fit, he had a tendancy to rear if you didn't know what you were doing, we called him Sticky, that got some REALLY strange looks, lol.

My favorites of our minis that we've named have been a little Leo daughter named Tear Em Up Tailwind, it fit, she's quite the attitude. And Play That Funky Music (my cremello stud)

krisp

I particularly like one of the names we used last year. the fillies name is "Long Shots Little Miss Daisy".

As her owner is a driver, like myself; I cannot wait to hear it announced in a class..."And here come's *****, driving Miss Daisy". :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought of a couple of names with my good friend. They have stories behind them. This mustang of mine ,Lizzy, is having a baby so we decided to think of names ahead of time. Her daddy's name is Arizona, Airy for short. Last year Lizzy had a baby (from the same father as the one thats on the way) her name was maci, she died 2 days after she was born. So this baby that's next is going to dedicate her name (if it's a girl)......and here it is...Maci's Little Wings, Angel for a barn name. And If it's a boy Airys Little Grande, Rio for a barn name, because Airy was caught in Arizona.

I rode a pony in Germany named Bubi Bomber, aka Bubi and yeah, it is pronounced like it looks! Bubi really means "little boy" in German, but for the first day or so it was tough to say without giggling!

This pony was amazing, and my mare was at the breeder's at the time, so we decided if she has a colt it's barn name will be Bubi. I don't know what I'll do if I get a filly!

I have a mini mare named "Jelly Roll" and thats her papered name..........
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back