Our new English Bulldog. "Buddy"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos Ranch

Reaction score
I was on Craigslist last week and seen a post about an English Bulldog being offered to a good home. I emailed them about him fully expecting him to already be in a new home, but he wasn't!!! We emailed each other several times, she had some questions and I had some questions. Turns out we were a suitable home and we went to pick him up. WOW was we ever thrilled about him too. He was free, but now that I've spent a week with him I'd of given her whatever she wanted for him.

The whole family adores him. He gets pets and scratches all the time. We took him into Petco and bought him a big frufru padded bed with furry lining... he doesnt like it. He sleeps with me on the couch. (My husband works nights so I sleep on the couch to be closer to the kids in case something ever happens.)

This is my first time ever even being around a bully. He has such a sweet temperment. He barks to warn us when someone's outside, and he comes running to me any time someone scares him. I adore this boy.

Here's some pictures of him .

buddy_1-1.jpg

buddy_2.jpg

To add icing to the cake, some of you may remember my dachsund, Joey. He loved playing with my bloodhound puppies, talked one of them into jumping off the porch head first. Well I sold him to a lady because when I still had my miniatures he had gotten to where he was going out chasing them and they were kicking at him. I got scared that he'd get hurt or killed so I put him in a new home. I missed him so much... once we moved and sold all of our minis I got Joey back from that lady. Unfortunatly one of my females killed him not too long after I got him back. She was a little devil... I hated her.

Well, any day now my new puppy will be born out of the same parents that Joey had!!! I traded a big igloo dog house for a puppy. I already know what his name will be.... Tucker. I am getting a female early next year as well...another trade.

Here's a picture of Joey . I loved this dog so much.

joey_8weeks_6_3_05_4.jpg

Dsc00063-vi.jpg

I can barely wait for my new puppy to be born. I miss Joey so much... it will be nice to have another doxie in the house.

How precious!!! Is the bulldog really young or perhaps a mix? I have never seen one so slender and I love it! I want one. I went bulldog shopping locally two years ago. I put a deposit on a litter that had yet to be born. The guy never called back and his number was disconnected, so I lost my deposit and never got one. I wasn't in the mood after that to look around again because they are hard to find in good health and with both parents being healthy and tested. I don't want to have one shipped so I am just not shopping right now. Congrats on him, he is so darling and the puppy too.

He's a cutie pie for sure...who could'nt love that mug!!
default_wub.png
I'm so sorry about your Joey.

Yeah, he's purebred, but he was a little thin when we got him. The lady said it was because he was so hyper, but I don't see a hyper dog at all. He's a very good boy. I am glad it all worked out the way it did because we couldn't afford to buy a bully at the totally understandable prices that they go for. This is our first time owning one... and I'm trying to do it all right for him. I clean out his face wrinkles, his ears and his nails are trimmed up. I've only had him about a week, he's eating really well so I am hoping he will put some weight on.

We had an English Bulldog when I was born - he lived to be 13 years old. If I didn't have so much stuff packed (yeah, maybe some day we'll sell our house) I'd post a picture of Slugger up in his treehouse in an oak tree. He could walk up a ramp that my dad built. No telling how many waterskiers fell when they looked and saw a bulldog in a tree. He was a wonderful dog.

I'd love to have one - saw a rescue when we were building this house, but we were living in a camper and it wouldn't have worked. Maybe someday.

Enjoy your bulldog - I'm jealous.

Barbie

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Oh I just love him!!! What a doll! You did great by getting him! Please give him a huge hug from me! LOL!

Good luck with him!!

Leya

Congrats on your new doggie! He is absolutely adorable. I love the Bullys
default_wub.png
Good luck with him but it sounds like you guys are off to a great start.

Sorry about your little Joey. So cute. But hopefully the new doxie will fill some of the void.

He's a handsome guy!

The first bulldog I ever met in person really impressed me. She was a big white one. The family had several children, and she adored them. Her name was Rosebud. It's been more than 30 years, but somehow I've never forgotten her.

My sister has a Frenchie, and she has a fantastic personality. Just be careful with letting them jump off of things--their build makes them more susceptible to back injuries.

This is a fun thread seeing everyones choice in dogs. Your new friend looks fantastic..

Congrats! He is soooo cute. We have one too and just LOVE her, she is such a great dog!!! She always loves when Sheryl comes to visit and brings her baby to play with!

Ahhh welcome to the world of Bullies. I've had mine a year and he is MY favorite!!! A great hint given to me by his breeder, buy Royal Canine Bulldog food..lessens the smelly farts LOL. And does he snore??? Mr. Saturday Night (aka Max) can keep me awake!!!

Here he is....Mr. Saturday Night..Max

DSC06655.jpg

Here he was running and giving his impression of flapping lips!!!

DSC06656.jpg

Oh and see if your Bully can do a "high five" My dog has it down to a science but I know 2 others that do it too...seems like a Bully trait??

Kim

Back