Our first foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwharrie

Reaction score
Annie was sneaky and tried to foal with me at work. Thank goodness for breederalert and Marestare. She had a habit of setting the alarm off since she liked to lay flat out. but I always check the camera. I noticed she was down, up and down again so left work and rushed home. When I got to the barn there was one foot and a head out. Could not get the other leg out ( heck I could not get in far enough to get to it) so figured my only course was to pull on the one leg and neck until the other leg showed up, as soon as I saw the knee I unfolded the leg and out he came. He was a bit slow to find the nipple and she was might ouchy to begin with. ( tried giving her banamine but she is my needle phobic one and wa not worth upsetting her after three tries).

Just peaked at the camera and the little stinker was running circles around mom!

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=uwharrie

Congratulations on your new boy, I know the waiting can be tiring but once you see them go down the rush is automatic. Love his name.

Congratulations on your baby!!
default_aktion033.gif

Silly mare thought you were not watching LOL!

Huge congratulations!!! What a relief to have him here and healthy!

Congratulations on your first baby! Just and FYI - it is perfectly OK to give Banamine orally, so if she is still painful, go ahead and give her the normal dose (1cc per 100 lbs) - it takes about an hour to start working.

Stacy

Congratulations! I was watching your mare on marestare the other night. She must have been waiting for me to stop. LOL

Many congratulations on your new little boy. I regularly watch your two girls on marestare, but yesterday evening I was out and went straight to bed on returning home. Logged in this morning and oooop's there he was!!

Well done you - he certainly is a lively lad, bless him.

Anna

Thanks everyone. He is quite a little character all ready. He was not impressed with up putting a blanket on him last night. Maybe because it was trimmed in pink?

I will get lots of new photos this afternoon.

I have been watching her , but was in Zurich yesterday when she had the baby. Cute little thing , and yes , running around like a hooligan. I love the blaze !!
default_wub.png
Beautiful baby , congrats ! the blanket is cute also. he is running around mom right now its 6 am now your time.

Congratulations!

I can't wait to see pictures of him (can't see anything but that beautiful face with the blankie on)

Charlotte

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah He's cute on marestare...but pictures would be nice!!
default_smile.png
BTW... I also use the injectable banamine orally, 1ml per 100lbs. Works just fine. My vet was the one that told me it was okay.

He's a little doll! Congratulations on your new baby. He's very lucky to have had you there to assist in his birth!

What does his sire look like?

What a cute boy
default_wub.png
I say he is black but possibly going grey - he looks lighter around the eyes

Latest posts

Back