Our fire-ravaged friends in Texas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers down that way...
pray.gif

God Bless....take care and stay safe!

The 5 horses ....police arrived and cut the fence. there were 2 other men there. I'm sure they got those horses to safety. That big equine facility Becky reported on....horses in large grass paddocks with pipe fencing...no way to cut fences. I did see a brush pumper in one trying to water a break in the fire and herd the horses into the already burned area.

This fire is 3 miles directly east of us. A mini breeder, Smallland Minis, I talked with him by phone. He is one block south of the fire. If the wind doesn't change he will be ok.

Fire is so terrifying. Please pray for rain in the drought area.

Thank you,

Charlotte

charlotte how scary for you please keep us posted

Just about every county around us has a burn ban in effect, but they still are allowing fireworks! Our new neighbor had a huge bonfire Monday
wacko.gif
let him try it again and I will call the sheriffs. I am fearing New Years night. I've got 17 horses and a 4 horse trailer, not a good thing. Our pastures are so dry, all its going to take is one stupid firework and we are done for. Pray for rain we sure need it bad.

All are in my prayers but one coment....This is not detected to anyone just a joke about my mom because she likes fire. This is her half the time:

torch.gif
torch.gif
torch.gif

l watched parts of this on the news tonight what a horrid feeling to have to live with at this time of the year well horrid anytime of the year. l have family in ca and know all to well the gut hurting feelings and sheer fear when animals are involved. prayers to everyone.

So far we are fine, there have been fires east and south of the Shawnee farm and west and south of the Luther farm.

My brother dozed a fire break on the west and south sides of the Shawnee farm but the way the wind is blowing and the embers are starting new fires 1/4- 1/2 mile ahead of the original fires, the only way to make a fire break that would guarantee the farm wouldn't burn would be to doze the entire farm, buildings and all. The Luther farm has a river running down the south side of it and my brother in law mowed everything short and has turned on the irrigation system. If it gets cold again, I guess he'll have the biggest ice rink in Oklahoma.

These fires are awful, they are traveling so fast that unless you are in a vehicle, it can't be outrun.

The smoke at the Shawnee farm was so bad that we couldn't see the fenceline at the edge of the property. The fire was miles away but the smoke was blowing. The Shawnee farm overlooks a valley and the valley was full of smoke.

I've been praying for relief for all of the firefighters and all of the people in the path of these fires.

Mary

Everyone out there - please pray for our beloved Forum Friends - there is virtually nothing so frightening as the powerlessness you feel when at the risk of a fire.

Again, my prayers are with you - please all check in with us tomorrow morning and let us know how you are faring.

Stacy

Our area has been spared so far, although we are very dry and have seen some small grass fires. There was a large one southeast of Austin today, started by a guy who didn't know there was a burn ban in effect and burned his trash.....
wacko.gif

We have our fireworks holidays all wrong - if they have to be shot, it should be in wetter times.

Sure hope all of you in OK are safe, and definitely praying for rain!

Jan

The fires have been on our news here in Australia,

All are in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep Safe.

Thank Heaven they have banned ALL fireworks in Parker County!
aktion033.gif
And don't let me hear anyone on our road shooting them off- I'll call the police so fast it'll make your head spin...

But I am still scared. Tomorrow we will be putting halters on all the Minis with our phone number on them.

Lucy

OMG! I just heard on the news that Montgomery County(north of Harris County - Houston, TX) DOES NOT have a burn ban in effect.
new_shocked.gif
Yet, Harris County does! We haven't had any more rain than Harris. So, guess I'll have to stay up and watch the grass to make sure my neighbors don't burn us down.
xbud.gif

We had a fire across the street. It jumped two roads, but because of the way the wind was never the road to our side. It came very close to houses, but luckily did not burn any buildings. There have been lots of fires in the rangeland behind us, and a large one two miles up the road. It is very scary, I hate fires. Lets hope for a quite weekend, and some desperatly needed rain.

No rain coming, fire danger is horrible. If this keeps up, we will go another year with no grass or hay. My horses are all getting their halters on tomorrow and wearing them through Sunday. Hardest thing is, there is just as much danger of someone getting caught up in their halter....

We are in the same boat...not enough room in our trailer for all of our critters. Besides, if hubby is not here, there's not a vehicle to hitch the trailer too. My husband warned me, if there is fire, get in your vehicle and go. I told him that there is no way I would leave without the animals, so he should be prepared!

I'm so scared....

So far, only one fire reported in Bowie County, and no one or anything was hurt!

We do have burn bans, and no fireworks over new year's holiday. Pastures are dry, and need rain badly. With all the pine trees around us, if it did get started it would be hard to put out. Right now we only have one 4 horse trailer here, (one in Ky.), and 26 horses on the place!

Oh my God, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

It won't help you this time but I posted this on the other fire thread. These are super metal tags with rings to attach to the halter. I have one for each animal.

flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:56:33 -0400

To: "Debbie" <[email protected]>

From: "Rich" <[email protected]> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert

Subject: Ebay Pet Tag Auction- 5 Tags (#7714377512)

Hi Debbie- Nice to hear from you again! :?)

Thank you for buying pet tags from my Ebay auction! You get 1 free tag!

I've received your payment of $13.00 from Paypal.

I need for you to send me your inscriptions and tag choices.

Please hit reply/quote, indicate your choices below and return this form to me.

If you prefer you can just send me your choices in plain English by email.

FYI our postal address is:

MICHIGAN LASERMARK

1035 E. State St.

Hastings, MI. 49058

Thanks again! Please contact me here if you have questions or concerns.

Richard

YOU BOUGHT 5 BASIC PET TAGS

SHIP TO THIS ADDRESS:

Debbie Chapman

874 Cook Hollow Rd.

Woodhull, NY 14898

YOUR EBAY USER NAME: dimimore

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS...

I need to know what SHAPE, COLOR and INSCRIPTION you want for each tag.

Included in the "color" category is whether you want a shiny steel or colored

aluminum tag. Steel is not available in colors, so if you pick steel there is no

color choice. Steel tags are more durable, but heavier; aluminum tags are easier

to read, lighter weight and colorful.

(COLORS AVAIL.- STEEL OR RED, BLUE, GREEN, BLACK, PINK or PURPLE ALUMINUM)

(SHAPES AVAIL.-SMALL HEART, SMALL ROUND, FLORET, LARGE HEART, BONE,

LARGE ROUND, HYDRANT, GI, DIAMOND)

Above shape list is ordered by size from smallest (Sml. Heart) to largest (Diamond).

Exceptions to the above: DIAMOND not available in STEEL;

FLORET not available in PINK, BLACK or PURPLE.

YOUR INSCRIPTIONS...

Please write in your inscription in the space below. You needn't worry about placing the words in alignment- we always center justify your message. Just leave it to me- I layout your message for the best fit on each tag shape to fill the space available. Your message will be marked on both sides of the tag unless you request one side only.

ORDER INFO FOR TAG 1. Type in your choices below

COLOR/SHAPE?:

INSCRIPTION?: (start on next line)

ORDER INFO FOR TAG 2.

COLOR/SHAPE?:

ORDER INFO FOR TAG 3.

COLOR/SHAPE?:

ORDER INFO FOR TAG 4.

COLOR/SHAPE?:

ORDER INFO FOR TAG 5.

COLOR/SHAPE?:

YOUR PAYMENT IS CONFIRMED.

TOTAL AMOUNT FOR ALL TAGS IN THIS ORDER= $13.00 *** PAID PAYPAL 9/27/05 ***

I always leave positive feedback once I've sent your tags.

Please feel free to contact me here if you have questions.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard from Tony Greaves? Not sure where he is in relation to the fire...

We live just west of San Antonio, and when I got up this morning, it was actually sprinkling a little. But of course, that was done and over within an hour, and now it's nearly hot outside.

I haven't heard of any fires around this area, but on The Weather Channel, we were in an "extreme fire danger" zone.

Bump -

With our continued prayers, hopefully all our Forum Friends will escape these horrible fires without incident.

Stac

Back