Our Evergreen show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Friday the show started at 11 a.m. We got up at 4:45 a.m. to head up to Spanaway from our house to get there as I was entered in class one, Model Geldings with Mouse. Turns out we were the only one, though, so we took a blue.

In his Gelding class, he took a blue under Judge Sue Burkman, and got the gate from the other judge. Now, Mouse has really been enjoying his pasture time. Other than playing with Pyro, and some occasional jumping work, he hasn't been "working" nor foregoing graze or hay in favor of a show physique.

What he has going for him is that he likes to show, and turns on his attitude.

Here are a couple photos from Mouse's go in the ring (Halter) on Friday:

Mouse

Another Mouse pic

When it came down to the Championship, he took one Champion and finally in the Grand Champion class, he brought home one more pretty neck sash/ribbon under Judge Sue Burkman, and we were able to put him back in his stall for some more relaxation since he didn't have any classes til Sunday.

The weather was a tad warm, but only in the 80s.

Saturday, we didn't have any classes, but Brandon talked me into putting Mouse in Liberty for fun. He loves that, and he'd done it once before. Mouse is a ho-hum Liberty horse at best, but he's a solid performer in that he knows what it's about and usually allows himself to be caught easily. Brandon picked the song from the Vonage commercial (the whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo) *LOL* Beings as the show ran really late, we were going in the ring somewhere around 11 pm. Next time, Brandon wants to be "out front" he said, as Mouse doesn't need a lot of "shoo" ing.

I helped Leia (using the word helped loosely, here, as I didn't do much) with Kody in Liberty and we pulled out late at about 11:30.

Sunday morning's Jumper class was making me quite nervous. We did great last time, but we're still pretty new to performing in the ring with this. The course was simple other than some tight turns at the first and last jump. We pulled it off, though, and there were only two of us that were clean. On the jumpoff, my shoelace broke and I had to concentrate on not stepping on the loose end as we finished the last three jumps and I came in too steep on the last jump, shoved Mouse's neck to the right and got him re-aimed at the last minute and he did exactly what I hoped he'd do and leaped! We won the class!!! Mouse is a good man!

Next was Pyro's classes and he was, of course, the only boy in the ring for Weanling colts (think how lonely it would be in weanling geldings, though!). He was rather antsy, but the judges enjoyed him. One of them said he looked Arenosa, and was very complimentary on his condition and alertness.

I knew we had to go in the junior stallion championship, and figured the yearlings and two year olds had it all over us with our never hold still behavior. I was thrilled to get two Championship ribbons for him, though, and we sort of floated out of the ring.
default_smile.png

We had to wait through the senior stallion classes to show up for the Grand Championship, and when we went in there, I surely didn't expect anything, MAYBE a reserve!

We left the ring with a Reserve Grand neck ribbon, and one GRAND CHAMPION stallion neck ribbon!!! Woot!

I had entered him in Amateur Stallion only because I didn't imagine "ONE" class would be enough (the weanling class), and we took both blues in that even though Pyro was really showed out.

I'm very proud of him, obviously, and his momma's such a trooper, giving us beautiful show babies year after year, and then parading around to the shows as support. She's open this year, but we're planning a "maybe" for 2009.

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without thanking Falcon, the "baby daddy" supreme! He's given us three awesome foals that have brought us many championships at this point.

So we pulled out of the Unit with a happy glow, and looking forward to the next few shows.

I will add some pics as I get them (that was what I was waiting for, but it may be a bit).

I should also have Liz McMillan pics of Pyro in the fairly near future as that is what he was up to early last week.

It was great to see all the forum members and friends and their successes when I had time and fortitude to watch.
default_smile.png
Congrats to everyone and that bay pinto colt is wonderful...what a short back and pretty little head!

Liz M.

:aktion033: Congratulations Liz!!! Sounds like a WONDERFUL SHOW!!!
default_thumbup.gif
:
default_firstprize.gif
:

MA

:aktion033: I was waiting for this report...congratulations LIZ!!! Your horses looked fab and performed even better! That little Pyro is all over the place such a cantankerous little stinker! He even took a potshot at Alladdin after the Ammy halter class...I think I heard him say, "Take THAT, little buddy!" :risa_suelos: as he whizzed past, LOL!!! Oh, too much fun!

Oh, and I forgot to thank the Crabby Chickens for their hospitality and Scootie Puff-athon!

If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have a Pyro (or a Lark, or a Little Black Meanie), let alone a place to crash at the horse shows in the Olympia area.
default_smile.png

Thanks, Amy! I can't wait to see Alladdin's photos from the Liz shoot, though he's way more fun in person with all his personality and his antics. Congrats on your show!

Liz

Last edited by a moderator:
WHOOO HOOO!!!! That's awesome Liz!! The boys did GREAT! :aktion033:

I can't wait to see new pics of Pyro!

Give Mouse a hug and a dab of "product" for me!

Congratulations on the wins, Liz!!! I can't get over how grown up Mouse is!!!!! How'd that happen? He was just a baby yesterday (time flies!). Congratulations on doing so well and hope to see pics of Pyro, too
default_smile.png

Pyro did awesome!!!! And BOY he has the LONG legs! He did great for a baby, and his whistle is hysterical. Sounds like a toy. I could hear him way in the stands before he even came in for the class.

Falcon did alright. He just seemed tired at this show. I think he knew his breeding season would start when he got him so his mind was occupied already! He did get a reserve champion senior stallion. He looked nice and muscley. I don't like a horse without good butt and shoulder muscles. So I am happy with him!

Hilary took our Grosshill Dandy's Special Edition daughter to the show, first show with us. Her clip job looked bad,( almost white palomino with black skin) but she looked good herself. She came home with a champion Senior mare!!!!!

Fiona is Pyro's sister, and she HATES to show. She wants to be home helping clean the pasture or being brushed and petted, not primped up. But even though she had the most sour face known to man, she did win second place in her 2 year old futurity class out of six. So I was happy. Falcon does add necks to his kids, which is awesome. He did get two blue in adult jumper and two third places in youth. He liked obstacle even though he thinks it is a race.

Yes, and we had Hilary's chihuahua entertain us at 1 am with the most graceful exhibit of butt scooting we have ever seen. GROSS but funny. Amazing what you will laugh at when you are that tired!

It was great to see everyone, we were stalled by some great people. And Alladin was something else. He was great in liberty and his showdown with Falcon was something else. He has stink eye down to a science!!!! Traceys horse were beautiful and Cat is incredible!

Congrats on all your wins Liz!! :aktion033: Im glad we got to visit alittle bit...tried to find you before I left, but didn't.
default_unsure.png
: I LOVE Pyro...he is such a NICE baby!!
default_wub.png
:

Was able to finally meet Tracy (Flying G) and Leia (HobbyHorse), if only to say HI...maybe another show we can chat more!

Congratulations Liz! You know I love that Mouse!

Lyn
default_wub.png
:

FANTASTIC!!!

I wish I could of been there to cheer you and the other forum members on.
default_sad.png

Congrats!

Kari

Thanks, everyone! Mouse got more than a dab of product, Robin, as he had myself as well as Colton and Brandon helping him prepare for his halter classes!

We must have run off for lunch, Linda, and I'm sorry we missed saying goodbye!

Kari, I hear you have some great news of your own from MiniMac!!!

Liz

Shhh, I'm still editing pics! ;)

Kari

Liz, one of my funny memories of the show is seeing your son standing in the middle of the ring during Liberty class while Mouse was running around doing his job, he was just swish, swish, swishing that whip with the bag on the end back and forth watching the bag like he was under a spell. It was so funny! :new_rofl:

Dang it, I knew I should have driven back up to watch more classes on Sunday......

I was hoping to watch the Liberty on Sat ...but geez, when it got to around 6:30 and they had several more classes to go, I had to leave to feed my critters.

It was great seeing everyone at the show....made me miss not showing there......maybe next year I will have my allergies under control...... :aktion033:

Pyro reminds me so much of Rascal....same 'tude.....and think they are God's Gift to everyone and want to "taste" everyone..... :bgrin

Congrats you did awesome at the show, as did the Crabby Chickens and Leia and Click-Mini.....and then I read Kari's results at Mini-mac....it was a great weekend all around for the PAC NW forum group!!

Just sorry I missed meeting LindaL, Kourtney (PrestigeMini) and Amy (Clickmini)........CountryRose....etc...sorry if I missed anyone else......

Also, Liz your boys are just the best boys! So very polite and nice to be around.......I am sure they are a lot of fun for you and it looked like Brandon really wanted to help Martin with Pyro. :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy, Brandon was upset afterward that he didn't get more play with the chasing. He liked it, though he told me all the way up until he went in that he was "nervous" about it.
default_smile.png

Thank you, Valerie. The boys get a rush of interest around shows, and none of our horses are really kid-friendly, so we have to kinda watch them and let them help where they can.

I wish Mouse was more kid-friendly, but he learned when he was out training that nipping was "ok" and I dislike it but haven't been able to break him of it since the only time he does it is at shows!

The photographer looks like she has some pics ready to load again and I'm hoping we got some of Pyro. I know Leia got at least one of him with his neck ribbons (swimming in them, that is).

I hope we can continue our winning through Central Point and OR State Fair. If you show down there, Valerie, request stalls near us so we can hang!

Liz M.

Congrats!

Great wins and so glad jumping went so well this show.

You always do a great job. You can clip and groom for me any time.

I got to sit with your hubby and little one who was SO upset not to be in the ring with you in liberty, so I heard the secret was he has to be potty trained to go out there . Do ya think it will work???

Congrats! Mouse is so Cute :D

And Wow. Those picture the photographer took are aweosme of evryone horses. I have to Cmpliment on whoevers hrose that wa sin Roadster He looked like a Palomino Overo? I know thats not his colour but just imagine what that would look like and find the photo where the horse is in FULL stretch his stride is amazing and wow looks liek the perfect roadster horse. I also keep finding myself drawn to these horses shown by a women in a sparley blueish purple jacket. Wow evrytime I find a horse I adore it is one of hers.
default_wub.png
:

But I must say I do LOVE Mousey :D

Oh darn I'm going to smack myself for not coming back yesterday. It was just too hott for me and I have a horrible tendacy to pass out during hott weather. Would have hated to pass out there...I wish I could lil Pyro again...I can't believe he did so well. What a cutie pie.....

I was able to watch some of the show and I have to say it was so nice to see everyone again...Amy, Leia, Gwen. Veronica.....

I couldn't find ya Liz and Crabby Chicken...And Valerie I asked around for you but no luck....I think you were there on a different day...
default_sad.png

Back